Grow It Long Challenge Keep Growing On...

Just completed day 1 of my inversions for the month of August, massage 5 minutes, no oil.

Last edited:
  • DC'd for 30 minutes under the heat cap with Honey's Handmade Tropical Carrots & Coconut Milk Conditioning Cream & Zero% Conditioner.
  • CW'd with Terra Veda Organix Apple Cleansing.
  • 80% R/O of SM Black Soap Balancing & V05 Free Me Freesia Moisturing Conditioners.
  • LCOS'd with L = Cozy Moments Vanilla Waffle Cone, C = Oyin Hair Dew, O = Embrace The Natural You Trinity Glaze on length & Keravada Green Tea on scalp & S = Africa's Best Textures Shea Butter Curl Defining Cream.

• DC'd for 30 minutes under the heat cap with Honey's Handmade Tropical Carrots & Coconut Milk Conditioning Cream & Zero% Conditioner.
  • CW'd with Terra Veda Organix Apple Cleansing.
  • 80% R/O of SM Black Soap Balancing & V05 Free Me Freesia Moisturing Conditioners.
  • LCOS'd with L = Cozy Moments Vanilla Waffle Cone, C = Oyin Hair Dew, O = Embrace The Natural You Trinity Glaze on length & Keravada Green Tea on scalp & S = Africa's Best Textures Shea Butter Curl Defining Cream.

DC overnight with shaemoisutre Raw Shea deep treatment masque
Rinsed out detangled, my hair was very soft like butta, the comb glided through
Leave in CRN aloe butter gel
Sealer homemade whipped butter mix and grape seed oil then Eco styler for edges
tried to French braid, ended up just doing 8 braids all around let air dry
I guess I'll have to keep practicing those row braids.

Last night I completed day 5 of my inversions for August

Today:

Prepoo - AVJ and ST Sweet Potatoe Pie hair Cream
Shampoo - Macadamia Natural Oil Moisture poo
Deep Conditioner - NG Mango and Coconut Deep Conditioner
Moisturizer - Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer
Sealant - ST Cupuacu Carrot Moisture Butter

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz, Queen of Curls Revitalizer & Siamese Twist Light Protein Reconstructor on ends.
  • DC'd for an hour under the heat cap with a mix of ST Detox & Entwine.
  • Poo'd with TJ Tea Tree Tingle, CW'd with TVO Apple Cleansing, Reconstructed with SSI Okra & 80% R/O of ACV & V05 Free Me Freesia.
  • LCOB'd with L = Cozy Moments Vanilla Waffle, C = Oyin Hair Dew, O = Embrace the Natural You Trinity Glaze, B = Hairitage Hydration Caramel Frappucino on scalp.

Love this girl's hair, but I'm so confused as to how she retains all her thickness and length with frequent relaxers (every 4-6 weeks) :confused:

Has anyone ever used these infrared light things?

I don't think I would use those lamps on a regular basis like weekly for DC or something. I know they use lamps sometimes for highlights but that's every couple months. I'd be worrying about the radiation levels from very frequent use JMO.

I don't think I would use those lamps on a regular basis like weekly for DC or something. I know they use lamps sometimes for highlights but that's every couple months. I'd be worrying about the radiation levels from very frequent use JMO.

That's exactly what I was wondering, I'm going to do some more research on this.

I'm DYING at your siggy picture :lachen::lachen::lachen:

That's exactly what I was wondering, I'm going to do some more research on this.

I'm DYING at your siggy picture :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Post any warnings you find. I doubt it's really dangerous but you never know they let that formaldehyde into the states and Europe before really checking it out and hairdressers we're getting sick some died I think. I'm going to stick to steamers and heat caps just in case.
There's no amount of hair worth me frying my brain with radiation. :nono:

05fffc067d858bffb8c908eef38f9f966e1c481b6fdf07267ed12aa68210ee2e_1.jpg

:lol:
This one Right I had the coffee joke before

tumblr_mwcn3tXQov1qzelz9o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
  • Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz.
  • DC'd with Entwine for 2 hours under heat cap.
  • Scrubbed scalp with CC's Natural Lavender Chamomile, CW'd with TVO Apple Cleanser, Reconstructed with SSI Okra, 80% R/O with ACV & V05 Free Me Freesia.
  • LCOB'd with L = Jakeala Pineapple, C = Oyin Hair Dew, O = DIY mix, B = Hairitage Hydration Caramel Frappucino on scalp.

Well I went to my stylist for a trim, and came out with a 2-4 inch cut and shape. I SPECIFICALLY told her MULTIPLE times NOT to even up or shape my hair. Just lightly trim it and she cut off this year's progress! I was 1" away from the top of bsl, to collar bone length. I am so upset. I know it's only hair and it will grow back, but I am so upset about this! Never again, I will NOT go back to her.

Attachments

• 20160506_165704.jpg
    20160506_165704.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 20160813_180633.jpg
    20160813_180633.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
Back