Green Tea as a Rinse

Nic_Cali

Has anyone used green tea as a rinse (not temporary color) while washing their hair? How did it feel after? Would you recommend it?

I was reading a nutrition book and it said that you should do it every once in a while. While other people say do not put caffeine in your hair. :arguing: I'm confused.

In my Prescription for Nutritional Healing book

It states that Green tea aids in reducing hair loss. Papanature.com formerly iherb.com has green tea in the form of liquid. I wanted to put it in a spray bottle with water and use it as a pre-poo or rinse to prevent breakage.

But I've been told that you should not put caffeine in your hair.

This book also states that you should use apple cider vinegar and sage tea as a rinse to stimulate growth.

I want to try them both. No one has tried this?

Gaia Herbs, Green Tea, 2 fl oz, 60 ml
Our Price: $14.69
http://www.papanature.com/store/ProductDetails.aspx?c=Herbs&pid=GAI-37581

I have not done a green tea rinse, but I have used black tea, and jasmine tea. Tea is soothing to your scalp. It has some conditioning properties (my hair was very soft). It kept the itchies at bay a little longer. I know of people that use caffeine in their hair (spec. coffee) for conditioning and to darken hair.

How do you use rinses? Just pour it over dry hair then rinse? Use after shampooing, before shampooing? Do you pour it on hot or cold?

saqqara said:
How do you use rinses? Just pour it over dry hair then rinse? Use after shampooing, before shampooing? Do you pour it on hot or cold?

After shampooing your hair you rinse the shampoo out with for example, the green tea.

Shampoo - green tea rinse-Conditioner-green tea rinse (do not wash out) - then any other product you use

or

Shampoo-rinse with water -Condtioner-green tea rinse (don't wash out) - "then ....."

It is just a pure water substitute.

If you do not feel comfortable with something like tea in your hair then use it as a prepoo treatment instead.

Back