Great Rollerset: Product Review

achangedlife

The other day I was window shopping at Sally's when I spotted Fantasia Texturizer Stlying Lotion and thought I would give it a try for my wet sets. It's super concentrated and the directions say to dilute the whole 16oz bottle into half a gallon of hot water. Now, I don't need that much setting lotion so I improvised a little...ok, a lot.

After washing and conditioning I used a very moisturizing leave in conditioner, then poured about a quater size of the styling lotion in my hand then rubbed it through my hair. It's the consistency of a thick gel and it reeks (sp) of alcohol as PVP is the second ingredient. At this point I'm thinking that I'm gonna end up with a dry, crunchy rollerset that I won't be able to put my hands through, and frizzy ends.

I finished my rollerset but left my bangs out as usual. I used my wet to dry iron to flatiron my damp bangs. As it dried it felt stiff, so I'm like "Oh oh." Once it was completely dry though and I combed through it a few times my hair felt normal again.

I let my hair airdry overnight and took out my set this morning preparing myself for the worse, but instead my curls were well formed but soft. I added a little hairdressing creme and finger combed it. My hair is shiny, soft and curly, and no frizzy ends. Now the test is to see how long my rollerset last. Being that the hair dries soft I'm thinking this may work for a wet wrap as well.

I'll gonna try for the first time to post some pics. Hope it works.

This picture thing is not workining out. I'm trying to paste the code from photobucket but I'm doing something wrong. I'll keep on trying.

Last edited:
Maybe if you save the images to your computer and then make a posting again, and go to the little paperclip icon on the top row next to the smiley face in the gray reply area you will be ablt to post your pics...HTH!

Can't wait to see! Also, can you find an image on google of this product and hairdressing creme you found?

Back