Great Hair Mask

Edie

I have tried hair masks in the past and was not impressed. I have found a very good one. I tried it out last night. It's called Archipelago Mineral Hair Mud Mask. The moment I put it on my hair, it immediately felt soft. I had to pull my hair. I thought it was starting melt or something, it got so soft. I used it with Nioxin Scalp Therapy on my scalp, covered my head in a plastic bag and then covered with a hot towel for 20 minutes. Rinsed and then used Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner with my F.A.S.T conditioner for 20 minutes. My hair came out unusually shiny. I then did my normal routine of adding olive, castor oil and shea butter to my hair, plaiting it up, covering with a plastic bonnet. It was still shiny when I work up this morning.
So far, so good. Here is some information about the product.

Archipelago Mineral Mud Hair Mask
Nourishes the scalp leaving hair manageable, shiny and healthy and strips conditioning and soap residues. This is suitable for chemically treated hair. It is a 16 ounce container.
· blended with organic silt delivering:
· potassium-to promote healthy skin
· calcium & magnesium-to facilitate the flow of nutrients
· vitamin e- a natural antioxidant
· beta carotene-to nourish a smooth complexion
· zinc- an antioxidant for healthy looking skin
· vitamin c- to promote healing of damaged cells
· iodine- to nourish the skin
· Ingredients: water (aqua), glyceryul stearate, peg-100 stearate, cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, behentrimonium methosulfate, cetearyl alcohol, steareth-20, lactic acid, phenoxyethanol, fragrance (parfum), cyclomethicone, dimethiconol, hydroxyethylcellulose, methylparabne, propylparaben, tetrasodium edta, glycerin, silt, algae extract, green5 (ci 61570), red 40 (ci 16035), yellow 5 (ci 19140)

The cost of the product was $17.00, plus shipping which was four dollars or so. It is 16 ozes and I got it from the website http://www.shopnbc.com. Do a search at the website. Product info below.

Product Number: C35031

The product smells pretty good too!

Thanks!
smile.gif

I didn't know they did hair as well. I like the Archipelago Botanicals Oat lotion Milk. I must try this! Thanks for sharing.
smile.gif

SpaGirl said
I didn't know they did hair as well. I like the Archipelago Botanicals Oat lotion Milk. I must try this! Thanks for sharing.

Yeah they have a lot of their products at this website, lotion, hair mask, body soap, etc. I ordered the body soap and the lotion this morning. My hair is very soft this morning, like cotton.

Edie,

Thank you for the review. I have wanted to try some of their products for a while, especially the Milk shampoo and conditioner.

You might also look at SynergieSpa.com for some discounts. That's the place where I first saw their products while getting a great deal on the Roger & Gallet oatmilk shampoo.

~Jade~

[ QUOTE ]
Edie said:
I have tried hair masks in the past and was not impressed. I have found a very good one. I tried it out last night. It's called Archipelago Mineral Hair Mud Mask. The moment I put it on my hair, it immediately felt soft. I had to pull my hair. I thought it was starting melt or something, it got so soft. I used it with Nioxin Scalp Therapy on my scalp, covered my head in a plastic bag and then covered with a hot towel for 20 minutes. Rinsed and then used Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner with my F.A.S.T conditioner for 20 minutes. My hair came out unusually shiny. I then did my normal routine of adding olive, castor oil and shea butter to my hair, plaiting it up, covering with a plastic bonnet. It was still shiny when I work up this morning.
So far, so good. Here is some information about the product.

Nourishes the scalp leaving hair manageable, shiny and healthy and strips conditioning and soap residues. This is suitable for chemically treated hair. It is a 16 ounce container.
· blended with organic silt delivering:
· potassium-to promote healthy skin
· calcium & magnesium-to facilitate the flow of nutrients
· vitamin e- a natural antioxidant
· beta carotene-to nourish a smooth complexion
· zinc- an antioxidant for healthy looking skin
· vitamin c- to promote healing of damaged cells
· iodine- to nourish the skin
· Ingredients: water (aqua), glyceryul stearate, peg-100 stearate, cetyl alcohol, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, behentrimonium methosulfate, cetearyl alcohol, steareth-20, lactic acid, phenoxyethanol, fragrance (parfum), cyclomethicone, dimethiconol, hydroxyethylcellulose, methylparabne, propylparaben, tetrasodium edta, glycerin, silt, algae extract, green5 (ci 61570), red 40 (ci 16035), yellow 5 (ci 19140)

[/ QUOTE ]

ohh lawwks! whats a PJ to do!?
ohwell.gif
drunk.gif

I tried the mask today, and unfortunately, it didn't work as well on my hair. The instructions say to "massage liberal amount of mask into scalp" and I used about five tablespoonfuls on my shoulder length hair (maybe that was too much) and to "wait 3 minutes or longer, and rinse" and I waited 45 minutes (5 minutes under the dryer) in a plastic cap (maybe I left it on too long). Anyway, once I rinsed it off, my hair felt hard and stiff, and it was tangled. I may try it again later using less product and leaving it on for only 5 or 10 minutes. It did have a nice smell, though.

Wow, sorry about your experience, Michon, but it's nice to see I'm not the only one who had "hair issues" today...
crazy.gif
(Misery loves company...
wink.gif
)

[ QUOTE ]
Michon said:
I tried the mask today, and unfortunately, it didn't work as well on my hair. The instructions say to "massage liberal amount of mask into scalp" and I used about five tablespoonfuls on my shoulder length hair (maybe that was too much) and to "wait 3 minutes or longer, and rinse" and I waited 45 minutes (5 minutes under the dryer) in a plastic cap (maybe I left it on too long). Anyway, once I rinsed it off, my hair felt hard and stiff, and it was tangled. I may try it again later using less product and leaving it on for only 5 or 10 minutes. It did have a nice smell, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did I miss this post. I did just about the same thing and my hair was a hot mess. Even Elucence MB couldn't help it alone. I had to go back and deep condition my hair with Framesi Ultra Deep Masque Deep Conditioner, follow up w/Elucence, and then do my leave-in and oil. That help some but dang. Outside of the fact that I didn't apply it per the directions maybe I need to look into Kendra and F.A.S.T. when I'm off my personal PJ challenge.

Oh, I think I remember reading on one of the other sites that sell the Arch. Mask said that it's also like a clarifying mask.

Back