Great detangler that caters to naturals

Nina_1987

Hello ladies!
I am a natural with thick hair and I was wondering if you ladies can refer a detangler to me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

P.S. I effin hate detangling my hair! Sometime I wish I had the confidence to rock a baldy

Last edited:
If you mean tools, then a Jilbere shower comb and/or a Denman D3 brush.

Use either or both with a cheapo conditioner, and it's like magic.

I made a post about this earlier in the week. Mane n Tail Detangler gets 5 stars from me. I detangled with this last weekend for the first time & my shower comb slid right through my hair. Try it! It doesn't have an odor & its cheap too. I paid $3.79 for my bottle.

I'm not natural but transitioning so I hope you don't mind...but Qhemet Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee is great! It's not cheap...5 oz for $14.95 but alittle goes along way and it's worth it to me. HTH

Oil works great for me. I moisten my hair first with water and then apply an oil medley of usually castor, olive and coconut oil (sometimes I add aloe vera gel as well) to my hair in 8-10 sections; loosely braid each section up and let sit for 10 to 15 mins. Then I take one braid down at a time and detangle with my fingers and then go back with a vented brush or my Conair detangling comb.

If you prefer a conditioner: I mix trader joes tea tree tingle conditioner with my whipped shea frosting.

MANE N TAIL DETANGLER!!!!

cant say this enough... i have been natural since age 0 and this is the best I have found... and trust, my hair is tangley!
Hi there,
Do you mind me asking if your bottle has the ingredient list on the back? I have tried searching the internet for the ingredients but have had no luck in finding them. This sounds like what I will need to get me through my 6 month stretch this time around.
tia,
tishee

I love the following detanglers. They are in order starting with my most favorite. Also, these are all products I leave in my hair!

1.) Donna Maire MiraCurl Detangler
2.) GVP The Detangler (Sally's Generic for Paul Mitchell) (don't care for smell)
3.) Kinky-Curly Knot Today (love the smell but wish it was a little bit thicker)

Usually with the GVP and KCKT I mix them and apply. The GVP is thicker, but I don't care for the smell (it's not stinky or anything lol) and the KCKT is thinner with a sweet fresh smell that I love.

I'm transitioning and I use aussie moist with my shower comb. Then once I towel dry, I use a leave-in, topped with a mix of oils, and my Aveda detangling brush. It does a great job removing the shed hairs.

Hi there,
Do you mind me asking if your bottle has the ingredient list on the back? I have tried searching the internet for the ingredients but have had no luck in finding them. This sounds like what I will need to get me through my 6 month stretch this time around.
tia,
tishee

mane in tail detangler ingredients:
water, dimethicone, PEG amodimethicone, horsetail leaf extract, colts foot flower extract, horse chestnut seed extract, meadowsweet flower extract, clover flower extract, fragrance, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, thideceth-6

cones n natural oils... i need the cones... natural doesn't always do the job 4 me

mane in tail detangler ingredients:
water, dimethicone, PEG amodimethicone, horsetail leaf extract, colts foot flower extract, horse chestnut seed extract, meadowsweet flower extract, clover flower extract, fragrance, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, thideceth-6

cones n natural oils... i need the cones... natural doesn't always do the job 4 me

Fyi, in case someone doesn't know. There is only one non-soluable cone and that is the Dimethicone. The PEG in front of the otheer means it can be rinsed out with water so it's not really bad!

Fyi, in case someone doesn't know. There is only one non-soluable cone and that is the Dimethicone. The PEG in front of the otheer means it can be rinsed out with water so it's not really bad!

HOLLA!!!!! LOL
It is extremely watery feeling though, and when u brush through it looks like a foam... and its strengthening too cuz in combination with their condish i've had less breakage...

I'm not natural, but I take care of my mother's natural 3C/4A hair. To detangle, I use Africa's Best Kids' Organic Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Hair Lotion and we LOVE it :) Some of the ingredients are glycerin, soja oil, olive oil, cocoa seed butter, carrot seed oil, jojoba oil, silk amino acids, tea tree oil, etc.

Pure Aloe Vera juice (Fruit of the Earth is cheap at Wal-Mart, but not the flavored one with fructose in it). I put it in a spray bottle and spritz it on to my hair. If your hair is dry, you can add a bit of EVOO to the spray, shake it, and then spritz it on. Good Luck!

Back