GREAT Deep conditioner from Barro Minas

Fine 4s

A Brazilian woman from my job gave me a deep conditioner to try called Siliconado from a company called Barro Minas (unfortunately the website is not in English). Here's a picture of the product:

http://www.barrominas.com.br/site/internas/produtos/produto.aspx?idCatProduto=20&idProduto=64

Mind you, this woman has type 1 hair but I gave it a try anyway.
I LOVE this conditioner! They have many other deep conditioners and one of the products contains the word amino acids in it. I definitely want to try that one. Here's are some of the other conditioners on the site:

http://www.barrominas.com.br/site/internas/produtos/produtos.aspx?idCatProduto=20

Siliconado is not a thick, creamy conditioner. It's watery in substance, smells good and completely softened my natural, fine 4b strands way after my washed hair had dried unlike most of the other conditioners I've tried (QP elasta DPR-11, ORS Hair Mayo, Blended Beauty Qurl Quenching Conditioner, Curls Tea Ecstasy, Pantene Masque, NTM Triple Moisture, Miss Keys 10 en 1, Kerastase, L’Oreal’s Natures Beauty, Queen Helene Cholesterol etc). Some of the DC I've liked more than others but I'd purchase this one as a staple product. If you like water based products you should definitely try this one. I must admit I did an oil rinse for the first time with unrefined coconut oil for one hour before rinsing and applying the Siliconado DC to my strands. Call this good marketing but something about the word hydrating in the name of the conditioners gets me all excited!

I'm not sure how to order this online but thankfully I won't need to purchase any more conditioner for a while since she gave me quite a bit. She did say I could find it in the Brazilian salons or in a Brazilian store. I hope the price is as good as the results!

Especially you natural ladies, if you can find this in your area, try it and let me know what you think! Especially you Kiya! And any other hair twin or cousin....

Attachments

• 40_grd[1].jpg
    40_grd[1].jpg
    12 KB · Views: 29
hey fine:
have you ever tried silicon mix? maybe its the same thing. just be careful b/c with a name like that, i'm sure its full of silicones which can make hair manageable but gives some pple problems with buildup or dryness in the long run. you might be one of the pple who's hair loves silicones though. Glad you found it!

I've tried Silicon Mix but I didn't like it much. I think it was one of my first products, I totally forgot about it.

This Barro Minas product makes me think that I might like the liquid silicone conditioners more than the creamier silicone ones? What I also liked though was putting the DC on my hair and watching my hair drink the product up. As the DC was disappearing into the strands, my braids were fattening up, it just felt and looked so good!

If your hair doesn't like cones maybe the amino acid one would work better? In any case I've emailed the company to get the product ingredient list and I'll post what they respond.

As far as 'cones are concerned, I thought that using them every once in a while would be OK but also one must clarify at least every month (or as needed). Basically cones in moderation are OK. I wonder if cone products are best used before heat styling as an extra barrier of protection?

Sounds interesting, I wish I understood Portuguese:sad: Oh well I have enough stuff, probably don't need to buy this too.

I have the Manteiga de abacate (avocado butter) DC and the silicone/tutano (silicon/bone marrow) leave-in from Barro de Minas. I love the DC. It leaves my hair soft and moisturized. I dont like much the leave-in. It leaves my hair feeling coated.

Last edited:
Seeee!!! Why'd you have to call me out like that!!!?? :lachen: I was for sure about to read and move on, but then you had to go and make suggestions - you know I'm weak!!

:look:

ETA: Oooh, you already emailed them for the ingredients :yep: I'll keep an eye on the thread. :lol:

great leave in product silicon tutano .queratin by barres minas. I found it in Portuguese grocery stores in MA
i think i like centrimonium chloride is like a fabric softner formy hair

Back