Great alternative to Motions Foaming Wrap lotion!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Normally when I use Motions Foam Wrap lotoin, it leaves my hair a little too crisp for my taste which eventually leads to breakage on comb outs
wallbash.gif
I recently tried Proclaim's Foam Wrap lotion and it left my flexi rod ringlets nice and tight but there's not a bit of "crispiness" at all. On the contrary, my hair is sooooooo soft from this setting foam!!!!!
Plus, since a majority of us are beefing w/Motions
arguing.gif
, it makes sense to make the big switch anyway. It's cheaper and it works better, and Proclaim doesn't have the nortorious rep that Motions does. I got this at Sally's.

dumb question but what is a foam wrap lotion used for? is this for when your hair is dry after a roller set and you use this to wrap the hair

-OR-

is this for when the hair is wet and you put this on and wrap your hair and let dry under the dryer? God bless you all.

A foaming wrap lotion is basically a setting lotion that foams up. It's a mousse for your hair that you use while it is wet that's used for blowdrying, setting or wrapping.
smile.gif

For me my setting lotions and cremes are good for whatever I find a use for...
I like to get the most I can out of my hair products..
wink.gif

Since I spend so much money on them...
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Caramela,

I wonder what ingredient makes the Motions one give the 'crispy' results? Any idea? I always use leave-in conditioners, because I can't stand crispy curls.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Allandra said:
Caramela,

I wonder what ingredient makes the Motions one give the 'crispy' results? Any idea? I always use leave-in conditioners, because I can't stand crispy curls.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree..
That's why I use the Lottabody Creme, Miss Cool or a creamy conditioner.
Caramela, what is the consistency of the Proclaim? Is it real 'liquidy' or kind of thick?

The consistency is like a mousse, foamy, light, airy..... I don't know
confused.gif
LOL
As far as what makes it crispy??? I have no idea, girl. But I do think that one of Proclaims bonuses is that it doesn't contain alcohol.... I will double check, so don't hold me to it. But I'm pretty sure it's alcohol-free
smile.gif

The motions Foam Wrap Lotion contains Alcohol. That is probably why you have the crispiness and breakage during combouts. When I emailed them and asked them why they have alcohol in a product made for dry african-american hair, they said so your hair could dry faster.....

I do not think the Proclaim foam has alcohol in it...not 100% sure though.

When I emailed them and asked them why they have alcohol in a product made for dry african-american hair, they said so your hair could dry faster.....

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif

Get outta here! I'm shocked by that answer.

I will have to give proclaim a try so far the two wrap foaming lotions I have always make my hair crispy so they are collecting dust in my cabinet. The two I have are Motions and TCB Foaming wrap. I was wondering that maybe it was hard and crispy because I used to much
confused.gif
but I dont want to take another chance of seeing little hairs everywhere
ohwell.gif

Well, while I was setting my hair, I used more than I anticipated and I thought it would make it crunchy, but it didn't!!! I love this stuff!

VALLEYGIRL said:
The motions Foam Wrap Lotion contains Alcohol. That is probably why you have the crispiness and breakage during combouts. When I emailed them and asked them why they have alcohol in a product made for dry african-american hair, they said so your hair could dry faster.....

I do not think the Proclaim foam has alcohol in it...not 100% sure though.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I'm not mistaken I think Andre Walker said in his book that the only product containing SD Alcohol he recommends for African-American hair is hair spray or styling spray because in a product like that you need it to dry quickly. I don't have the book with me now, but I'll look at it when I get home.
Peace,
Jen

Just looked at the ingredients on the back of the bottle, no SD alcohols in Proclaim's foam
clap.gif

I use the break thru (by soft sheen) foam wrap lotion (cant remember the exact name). No crispiness with this one just soft curls
smile.gif

Back