Gray Magic= Lasting Color???

ItsyBitsy

I've had no luck getting my semi permanent color to stick. Well, today I was at Sally's exchanging my Ion's hair color & I asked the sales lady if she thought I'd have better luck with the Beautiful Brown Collection. She suggested I try Gray Magic. It's an additive that is mixed with regular hair color. Has anyone tried this? If I add it to a semi permanent color, can I apply the color the same day I relax? TIA

Product Info.............

Covers gray. Makes colors last longer. Decreases fading. For professional use only.

It is a unique way to cover resistant gray hair, and bring vibrancy and intensity to all hair coloring. Gray Magic:
- When added to haircolor will obtain coverage on resistant gray hair
- Should be added to ANY color formula to achieve vibrant effects while downplaying green tones and will help alleviate chlorine discoloration
- Performs with ALL colors, tones, tints, and every "non peroxide" haircolor
- Will especially intensity and enrich red formulas
- Has additional wetting agents and concentrate color to allow moisture to fully penetrate the cortex
- Is a highly concentrated additive that must be used with haircolor to achieve complete coverage
- Can be added to neutralizers to replenish color when perming tinted red or warm colors
- When added to shampoos or conditioners, will prevent fading and oxidation for tinted red or warm colors

Ingredients
Water, Isopropyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Ammonium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTa, 2-Nitro-p-Phenylenediamine, Yellow 6, Blue 1.

This sounds interesting.. Let us know how it works out. I gave up trying yo cover my grey. I decided to embrace being a silver beauty:drunk:. I fell so free..:spinning:

I've tried embracing my grays but I hate em :nono:
I'm excited about trying Gray Magic but I want to make sure it's safe to use if I relax the same day I apply the color...anyone ?

The ammonium hydroxide is where you are going to have a problem. That is the lifting agent that is going to help bond that color. Since you are relaxed, do a strand test.

Back