Got my MTG!! WTF!!

empressaja

I got my MTG yesterday afternoon and I used it last night. What an odiforius concoction. I work on a college campus and I usually am a fast walker.(I think I'm still in NY). Anywho I'm creeping today I was walking fast when I was walking from my car and I got a whiff of my self I'm like ," Oh hell no I can't be smelling like this walking around smelling like a woodsman, a sulfur lab, burnt breakfast meat, and bacon grease. This is so not a sexy smell! Or maybe I'm way too vain but MTG does not blend well with my Amor Amor fragrance.How do the members of the horsey club do this. Please help me out!

I use a blend of Lemongrass and Eucalyptus EO's to alter the scent. I can't be smelling like sulfur when I'm sitting in front of clients.

I apply mine in the evenings once I am home from work and in for the day. That way by the next day when I am back out in public the smell is completely gone. But I know others who mix w/EOs to help mask the smell

birdie said:
I got my MTG yesterday afternoon and I used it last night. What an odiforius concoction. I work on a college campus and I usually am a fast walker.(I think I'm still in NY). Anywho I'm creeping today I was walking fast when I was walking from my car and I got a whiff of my self I'm like ," Oh hell no I can't be smelling like this walking around smelling like a woodsman, a sulfur lab, burnt breakfast meat, and bacon grease. This is so not a sexy smell! Or maybe I'm way too vain but MTG does not blend well with my Amor Amor fragrance.How do the members of the horsey club do this. Please help me out!

I know exactly how you feel. I got mine in the mail yesterday as well and this stuff stinks to high heavens. I put a little on one side of my edges and the smell got to me so much that it made me nauseous - I had to shampoo it out. WGO and sulfur 8 ain't got nothing on this stuff. I'm going to buy some peppermint oil today, so hopefully that'll cut down on the smell.

birdie said:

I couldn't help but smile when I read your post, I felt the same way when I first got mine. I immediately went to whole foods and picked up some sweet orange and jasmin essential oils and it did the trick!

Alli77 said:
I couldn't help but smile when I read your post, I felt the same way when I first got mine. I immediately went to whole foods and picked up some sweet orange and jasmin essential oils and it did the trick!

Yeah, Alli you're the one who got me together. Thanks again!

carmend said:
I apply mine in the evenings once I am home from work and in for the day. That way by the next day when I am back out in public the smell is completely gone. But I know others who mix w/EOs to help mask the smell

This is what I do too. I've also added a few drops of peppermint oil to my bottle of MTG.

Just in case u r unable to get your scented oils, u can use any conditioner on yr hair to make the smell lessen. I only put mtg on my hair, not scalp.

birdie said:

OT: I Love Amor Amor!! So I know how you wouldn't want to mess the effect of that fragrance. lol.

This is so comical. (as I sit here with 2 plastic caps on my head w/mtg) Heck yeah it stinks like :censored:old grease. It seems like everyone uses this product with a blend of oils but i cant imagine how it would mask this smell. I wash it out in the morning. Maybe I'm not getting the full benefits. I'll have to see if the jasmine or peppermint oil helps.

littleaudie said:
This is so comical. (as I sit here with 2 plastic caps on my head w/mtg) Heck yeah it stinks like :censored:old grease. It seems like everyone uses this product with a blend of oils but i cant imagine how it would mask this smell. I wash it out in the morning. Maybe I'm not getting the full benefits. I'll have to see if the jasmine or peppermint oil helps.

You guy have me ROFL. I think you get use to it. I take mine straight up with twist of surge. I have given up trying to mask the odor.

birdie said:
Anywho I'm creeping today I was walking fast when I was walking from my car and I got a whiff of my self I'm like ," Oh hell no I can't be smelling like this walking around smelling like a woodsman, a sulfur lab, burnt breakfast meat, and bacon grease. This is so not a sexy smell!
:rofl: :rofl: :lachen:
silicon mix smells great even hours after you put it on, I use that on my hair to mask the smell or mix mtg with oil. that works but I dont mind being a little stinky if that means I can have longer, thicker hair in a shorter time
hth

Hi, I'm a new member of the horsey posse.
I used my MTG for the first time last night and yall ain't neva lied about the smell! Sulfuric Bacon! So I used it last night before bed and followed it up with a leave in conditioner that contains alot of essential oils in it to tone down the smell. Crossing fingers for speedy growth.

It's worse the Sulfur 8. The only thing that smells worse is Darbur Vatika Amla Oil.

I used a mixture of peppermint and lavender oils. The peppermint oil tingles too much after a while if you keep putting in tons. That's where the lavender oil comes in. I also put sweet orange oil in. I am really sorry but even with all of this the smell still lingered. I am waiting for my trial size to finish but then I dont think that I will buy it again. :(

birdie said:

Put it on at night, and use a plastic cap.

Back