Got a new photo account!

Chaya

I finally got with the program and got a FOTKI album. It is so much easier to navigate than my yahoo. Sorry the photo are a little blurry. My next step will be getting a digital camera instead of using my palm to take pictures!

Your hair looks amazing, you have a lot of body to it...KEEP GROWIN!

wow.... your hair looks beautiful
smile.gif

Thanks everybody!Ive learned a lot from all of you the past few months. Somethings work for me while others do not. Ive been having fun trying all these new things!

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Gorgeous hair! I think it's great that you've found a regimen and have stuck to it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Hairlove!
Ive tried a lot of new things the last few months and it seems that the rollerset/wrap provides the best results for me. Although this process takes about two day to get the whole effect, it seems better for my hair.

I tried the bun thing, but I just left my ends looking raggedy
confused.gif
confused.gif
I'D like to try the bun thing again this summer to keep my hair protected as I spend more time outdoors. Any suggestions on how to prep my hair and keep my end moisturized shile in the bun?

Any advice is appreciated!

Well, I'm not the bun expert so hopefully some of the other bun girls can offer some suggestions, also. But, I don't have problems when I wear buns b/c I make sure my ends are tucked in neatly. Then, when I take the bun down, my ends are still nice and neat. I think it also helps when you moisturize the ends before putting them in the bun...a lot of people like vaseline but any kind of oil would probably work.

I say keep doing what works for you! Maybe you could do updos instead of buns?

How did you figure out your current regimen? Did it take a couple of tries?

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Well, I'm not the bun expert so hopefully some of the other bun girls can offer some suggestions, also. But, I don't have problems when I wear buns b/c I make sure my ends are tucked in neatly. Then, when I take the bun down, my ends are still nice and neat. I think it also helps when you moisturize the ends before putting them in the bun...a lot of people like vaseline but any kind of oil would probably work.

I say keep doing what works for you! Maybe you could do updos instead of buns?

How did you figure out your current regimen? Did it take a couple of tries?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for you quick reply!

I will make sure that when I do my wet bun my end are neatly tucked in and not just thrown in there any old way!

I have been doing some updos though. The past two months I have been doing loose french rolls to protect my hair from the cold weather, but this was after a roller set/wrap. Im trying to eliminate the need to rollerset/wrap this summer.

So how did I figure out my current regimine? TRIAL AND ERROR!!

Believe me Ive tried everything that was mentioned on this board
LUST
BUN CHALLENGE
SURGE 14
GARNIER FRUCTIS
CARUSO ROLLERS
CON
EVOO
BRAID OUTS
..AND MUCH MUCH MORE!!!

Before the new year I had waited 12 weeks for a touch up and four weeks before the touch up I had started wearing wet buns only. My regimine before the bun challenge was as follows:
pre wash hot oil treatment
Wash with keracare detangling once a week
deep conditioner with keracare humecto,LUST, redken extreme, or any other suggested deep conditioner on this board!
Leave in- garnier fructis, isoplus, keracare, redken etc
wet wrap with setting lotion/oil/silken seal
dry- air dry or with hood dryer
take hair down and flat iron with chi turbo flat iron

Everyday I would wrap my hair with silk scarf and put a little oil on the ends.

once a month I would use a clarify shampoo, protein treatment(mizani,emergencee, elasta qp) and a clear cellophane.

When i finally got my touch up done after 4 weeks of only wearing a bun, I thought I was really doing it!

One day I went with my mother to my best friend's mom's funeral. We were out in the humid weather during the burial. In the car my mom said to me "Your hair looks dry? What are you doing to your hair? Remember when your hair was so long?"

Im thinking to myself " I thought my hair was healthy? All this stuff Im doing to my hair to get it healthy! I am trying to get it back to being so long!"

My mom said, " You need to stop doing so much to your hair and just braid it up!"

I was so mad cause I had devoted so much time to my hair only to be disappointed by my mom's disapproval and who wants to fight with their mom at their best friend's mom's funeral?

So i simplified my routine and added the rollerset/wrap. It takes more time but my mom finally approves. She complimented me on the health of my hair just the other day!

Current Regimine:
Weekly washes:
Shampoo: Keracare detangler
Deep Condition: JOICO Intensive moisturizing conditioner
Leave in: Diluted Infusium 23 when I do my own hair when my beautician does it she used something else
Rollerset/wrap
Finish with: Megacare oil (either shea buter, jojoba, vit E or olive oil) and Redken smooth down heat glide

Daily I wrap with silk scarf and sleep on satin pillow

Monthly I still do clarify washes and protein/moisture treatments.

Whew
shocked.gif

Thats all!

Your current regimen is so simplified. I am hoping to come up with something very simple in the next couple of weeks. Since I'm transitioning, things keep changing for me every 4-5 months! Frustrating.

I'm sure it is so nice to be finally settled on some products and a regimen!

Tell me about it! Now that Im happy with my regimine and hair dresser ( for once) I feel like Im on cloud nine!

My next problem,
Stop buying all these new recommended products! Yall goinna have to stop! Especially supergirl....

Back