Got a new flat iron.

shtow

UPDATE w. PICS new flat iron

I had to leave my CHI in the dust. It was so good to me tho. I had the one without the dial and I had it for about 2 years. I bought the ProSilk Turbo iron tonight. The BSS claims its made by the same company who makes the chi :look: Its ceramic and ionic. It heats up in 2 seconds and you can adjust the heat. My crazy behind was in the shop testing it on human hair:lachen:(hey, they wanted the sale lol). It cost about 67 dollars. Pics below

Last edited:
update :grin:

So I detangled with Pantene (don't really like for now, still on the fence) applied Sunsilk Hydra TLC and a mix of coconut oil and water. I then dried my hair loose under my Pibbs, which took roughly 20 minutes. Then I blow dried very quickly with the comb attachment and flat ironed on 281 degrees with Fantasia IC. I just realized my USB is in my dorm so I will post the pics of my hair tomorrow. Im tellin you ladies this flat iron is the business! My hair had bounce, shine, and swaang. The pics I will post are of my hair before moisturizing. I moisturized with sunsilk straighten up and sealed with coconut oil (and only required a dime sized amount for my whole head). I then greased my scalp with my coconut oil/ tea tree oil mixture, did 4 large pincurls and put on a scarf. This is the first time in 2 months I have used heat and the first time in 2 months I could run a comb thru my hair w/o tangles. I am very tempted to go back to heat, but only once a week and on a low temp b/c my hair responds so well to it. When I rollerset my hair tangles and I get very frustrated. Anyways, like I said, if anyone is looking to purchase a flat iron, this is a keeper:yep: Oh yeah, I'm six weeks post and its time to trim I believe.

firstflatironinthreemonths012.jpg

firstflatironinthreemonths017.jpg

firstflatironinthreemonths018-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, you got great results. Better results from this iron than my Sedu which cost 2x as much. I'll be getting something new, probably an FHI but this is really nice!

Back