Got a little hairline 'issue'......

SoSwanky

Perfectly Posh...
Hello all!

Just wanted to get ya'll ladies opinion about something. I have been thinking about transitioning to natural, but I won't be doing the BC. My relaxed hair is at APL. The issue is this- My DH doesn't really like for me to have what he calls a 'puffy' hairline/edges and isn't in favor of too many headbands and hats. Mind you, I don't want to rock a fro or anything, but I know that natural hair is versatile when it comes to styling and that is why I am heavily considering it. I like straight hair (so you know I will be straightening it from time to time) and I have seen some naturals with straight hair that is just :drool::drool:, thick, full, beautiful. Another reason for me wanting to pursue this is because I may have a dd one day and I would want her to be able to love her own hair, since she WILL BE natural. I say this because most litle girls want to do what mommy does and I don't want her to see me with relaxed hair and her with natural hair and think that something is wrong with it or that her hair is ugly. i texlax now, but I feel a transition coming soon. I just need to know somemore options for my hairline (4a/b type hair).

P.S. I figured that this would be the thread to post this in. it was either here or relationships, but I don't think that it is that serious.

have you ever tried applying a leave in and/or gel and then tying it down with a scarf for about 15 minutes?

Yes; aloe vera gel to be exact, and it does work, but I am wondering will that work all of the time?

i think it will...maybe you could use something with more hold like ecostyler too...and i think over time your hair just gets trained to do it, because when i first BCd my edges were kinda ragged, but within a few months the softened up, and now they just lay down with water and oil, as long as i used the scarf.

That is good to know. As I said earlier, with my streches I used the aloe and scarf method, but I didn't know if that would work past 5,6,7 months and so on. Thank You!!!

When your hair gets longer you can start doing twist outs or braid outs, then slick the edges down like iri said.

Slicking the edges down doesn't work on my 4b hair and it may not work on others. I think you have to try it to see if it works for you. I'm four months post texlax and my edges are certainly making themselves known. I wear my hair towards my face, so you only see them if you "lift" my APL hair out of the way. I hope you find what works best for your hair.

I love texlaxing and I'm never going back to natural. That's what works on my hair. But I have recently started stretching to texlax only once a year. So far, so good....that is until...SUMMER

Aloe vera gel is a joke if I want to lay my hair down. Use ecostyler clear or olive gel or IC fantasia

Back