Gorgeous Dry Twist Out Results!

werenumber2

I'm obsessed with NaturalNiiecy's blow-dry twist out!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wHKTwQqL1vI

I'm going to try to replicate the style this weekend. Post all your dry twist out/braid out tips and experiences here!

She used the Three Sisters of Nature Stretch it Out Creme to set the twists. Would Shea Moisture Curly Smoothie serve the same purpose or should I make a BSS run and get the Stretch It Out?

ABSOLUTELY SICK! I was mad that she was taking down those thick, beautiful twists until she unraveled the first one. Her hair is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to try to replicate the style this weekend. Post all your dry twist out/braid out tips and experiences here!

She used the Three Sisters of Nature Stretch it Out Creme to set the twists. Would Shea Moisture Curly Smoothie serve the same purpose or should I make a BSS run and get the Stretch It Out?

I can't watch the video, but unless your hair sets very easily, the SM Smoothie won't give you much hold. You might want to get something with more hold.

It's gorgeous. She always has the best twist/braid outs.

I might try this again one day but on a wet wrap so I don't have to blow dry.....haven't done that in years.

I've used SM smoothie along with a tiny bit of Eco gel to do the same thing.

Love it!

I nevr tried it this way. I always twist on damp hair and i do 8 twists all going back. Im gonna try her way going down the sides. How do u all set your twists - back or down?

Also gonna add the rods to my ends. Great video inspiration :-)

I can't relate either, my hair doesn't look like that blow dried.

She's fly AND her hair came out dope! I wouldn't ever need to go to a salon for a good blowdry. I could stare at her all day...

Does she have an IG?

I seriously almost broke out my blowdryer just now! This is gorgeous! But I'm trying to not use any heat on my hair until the end of the year, so this style will have to wait. But I can't WAIT to try it!

For those who don't want to blow dry, couldn't you get a similar result if you did a rollerset? I think I'm going to try this tomorrow.

I watch this video all the time and I sit back with envy! When my hair gets long again I'm going to do this style. I also get jealous of watching Mahoganycurls too, I want my length back *crying*

I tried her method of flat twisting a few minutes ago and will sleep with them in. I can't flat twist to save my life, but her tutorial seemed easy enough and they don't look bad at all. :crossfingers:

For those who don't want to blow dry, couldn't you get a similar result if you did a rollerset? I think I'm going to try this tomorrow.

A rollerset would make mine too smooth and straight but banding gives me the look of a blowout for anyone who doesn't want to blow dry.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I typically blow dry my hair then twist it, after washing it. I don't get it particularly straight or anything b/c I'm mainly trying to dry my hair before going to bed. I stretch it lightly with my hands as it dries. I make sure that the roots get completely dry and I may leave more moisture in the ends.

I use a moisturizing conditioner as my leave-in. I like the CJ conditioners (smoothing or beauticurls). I also use Aveda smooth infusion style-prep smoother. I love that stuff!
http://www.aveda.com/product/7417/1...mooth-Infusion-Style-Prep-Smoother/index.tmpl

After the blowdry, I apply a styler then twist in large sections. Just regular twists, I don't know how to flat twist yet. Sometimes I roll the ends in satin-covered foam rollers for more definition.

My hair is fine and straightens easily so it does stretch well overnight. It's almost too stretched out after the 2nd or 3rd night wearing large twists to bed. So I'll just roll it or give it a break for a bit.

ETA: I don't have a favorite styler yet. I try not to use gel on my dry hair though b/c it dries me out even more.

Last edited:
Back