Good weave hair (L.A. area)?

Sweetyb

I'm lookin' to get my 1st weave done in two weeks. I know a weaver, but need to look for the hair that I will use (not great selection in her store, IMO). Ideally, I'd like to have something that looks like relaxed/straightened 4b hair, something natural-looking. Most of the good brand names I've seen on these boards are not in the BSS' I go to, and I don't really want to use a generic brand name or something that really doesn't suit me (i.e. thick & silky straight type 1 hair). I probably know of only one that has a good hair.

Anyone who knows about weaves know of a good BSS I can visit? Any brand name-dropping will help as well. Thx! :)

EDIT: Anywhere in or around L.A. County, San Fernando Valley, San Bernardino County, Orange County, etc...

Last edited:
Have you considered "Blacks Hair & More" or
"His & Her Hair"?
A long time ago, I used Blacks Hair & More and they do good work if you have the patience.
HP
PS. What section of los angeles are you looking into?

However, if you are looking for a place to buy a variety of hair, in the city, there's
His & Her....A large variety of hair on Wilshire blvd.
or
there's another a few blocks from them that have better prices if you are interested...I can't think of the name right now, but if you are interested, let me know and I will check into it for you.
HP

Thx so much for reminding me about His & Her's, HP! I do remember buying weave hair from there that I used as a ponytails and I remember how closely it matched my own hair. But when I went back another day to ask for the same exact hair, it looked & felt different--they say it depends on the batch ? Thx so much, I'll check it out!

I care about price as well, so I'll definitely consider any other locations that might be known.

Anywhere in and around L.A. county is fine... but preferably L.A.

A woman in my hair salon now buys her hair from Alice Beauty Supply Store at the northwest corner of Washington & Crenshaw. She said they have good hair, but their prices are much lower than His and Her Hair. Her weaves look very natural. I didn't even know she was wearing a weave, and she thought I was wearing a weave; that's how we start talking.

Anyway, try C & J Beauty Supply Store, which I describe below:

Product Junkies’ Paradise in Los Angeles!

For those of you that just can’t find everything you want in one store, I highly recommend C & J Beauty Supply located at 1029 West Martin Luther King, Jr., Boulevard (on the northwest corner of King Boulevard and Vermont Avenue in the same retail strip center as Carl’s Jr.).

Don’t let the outside of this store fool you. If you were to drive by it, you would think it was small like the one across the street, but this is a product junkies’ paradise! You will be shocked when you walk in! This store is the biggest beauty supply store in Los Angeles and is reasonably priced! I’ve never seen such a large selection of full line hair care products in addition to wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling weaves, hair extensions, wigs, and hair accessories before in my life! I wonder if the store owner thinks that every African American woman in Los Angeles is bald.

Give yourself plenty of time to shop, because if you’re like me . . . you will want to check out every aisle. Every now and then when I’m in south Los Angeles, I stop by there—just in case I missed something new.

Here's one more: New World Beauty in the Washington Square Swap Meet Center located on Washington Boulevard, one or two blocks east of Crenshaw.

Barbara said:
A woman in my hair salon now buys her hair from Alice Beauty Supply Store at the northwest corner of Washington & Crenshaw. She said they have good hair, but their prices are much lower than His and Her Hair. Her weaves look very natural. I didn't even know she was wearing a weave, and she thought I was wearing a weave; that's how we start talking.

For those of you that just can’t find everything you want in one store, I highly recommend C & J Beauty Supply located at 1029 West Martin Luther King, Jr., Boulevard (on the northwest corner of King Boulevard and Vermont Avenue in the same retail strip center as Carl’s Jr.).

Don’t let the outside of this store fool you. If you were to drive by it, you would think it was small like the one across the street, but this is a product junkies’ paradise! You will be shocked when you walk in! This store is the biggest beauty supply store in Los Angeles and is reasonably priced! I’ve never seen such a large selection of full line hair care products in addition to wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling weaves, hair extensions, wigs, and hair accessories before in my life! I wonder if the store owner thinks that every African American woman in Los Angeles is bald.

Give yourself plenty of time to shop, because if you’re like me . . . you will want to check out every aisle. Every now and then when I’m in south Los Angeles, I stop by there—just in case I missed something new.

Here's one more: New World Beauty in the Washington Square Swap Meet Center located on Washington Boulevard, one or two blocks east of Crenshaw.

Oooo, I'm itching. Saturday can't get here fast enough. . .

Thank you SO much for sharing that information. :p

Extensions-plus.com try their relaxed texture, or go in and let them find a match for your texture.

Barbara said:

I've been to Alice Beauty for products, I should pro'lly go back to check out their hair selection. Thx!

And I don't think you should have tol' me about C & J... I bet I've passed it a million times from your description of it, but oh lord will I do damage to my wallet once again if what ur saying is true :lol:! I'm gonna make it a point to visit there this week!

sassyhair said:
Extensions-plus.com try their relaxed texture, or go in and let them find a match for your texture.

:weird: They'll match your color, sew custom hair... and they're in the valley! I've never heard of this place, I'll have to see if I can check iti out. They sound expensive, but I must visit, thx so much!

Sweetyb said:
:weird: They'll match your color, sew custom hair... and they're in the valley! I've never heard of this place, I'll have to see if I can check iti out. They sound expensive, but I must visit, thx so much!

It may seem expenseive, but the hair is soo good - very, very minimal shedding. But in the long run where you would continue to buy hair from the BSS, you can continue using Extensions Plus hair for years :) & they match texture and color to perfection.

I agree, extensions-plus.com is the best hair around. We have literally hundreds of threads on it on bhm, once someone starts using it, they are set for life. I have been able to reuse this hair since September, it doesn't shed, tangle, mat or poof. So in the long run, the cost is worth it. And it matches my relaxed hair perfectly.

my girlfriend is convenced hisandher.com hair is the best. You don't have to get the cuticle hair which is real unprocessed indian hair It's is way too expensive (unless price is not a problem for you). A good economical by from hisandher is 50/50 mink hair. She claims it lasts her 6-7 months and she has her own hair relaxed ng while the weave is still attached, plus she washes, conditions, swims ect...everything you do to your own you can do with this hair. She loves it but its still too pricey for deep pockets, but perhaps the better buy becasue I spend 25$ every couple of weeks and she spends a onetime $80-100 & it last her from months.

Sweetyb said:
Thx so much for reminding me about His & Her's, HP! I do remember buying weave hair from there that I used as a ponytails and I remember how closely it matched my own hair. But when I went back another day to ask for the same exact hair, it looked & felt different--they say it depends on the batch ? Thx so much, I'll check it out!

I care about price as well, so I'll definitely consider any other locations that might be known.

Anywhere in and around L.A. county is fine... but preferably L.A.
You're welcome.
I noticed that when I bought their hair years ago it did vary.
I had to look at several before deciding which one I thought was the best.

sassyhair said:
Hey, I did not realize that they are in the valley.
I can get to them in about 15 minutes.
Maybe I'll check them out too. :look:

My 2cents. Try C&J. Get the name of the brand you want I almost positive they'll have what you're looking for.

Barbara were you the one who created the post last month that turned the ladies in LA on to C&J?

I went a couple of weeks ago and ladies let me tell you this place is a products junkie haven. I could not believe how many products they carry there were products there that I didn't even know some product lines produced. The back of the store is dedicated to wigs, weaves and so on and the best part about this is that you can try on the wigs weaves etc..... I lost my manners when I went in there. I tried on some many different hair pieces my neck was sore when I got home.

shalom said:
My 2cents. Try C&J. Get the name of the brand you want I almost positive they'll have what you're looking for.

Barbara were you the one who created the post last month that turned the ladies in LA on to C&J?

I went a couple of weeks ago and ladies let me tell you this place is a products junkie haven. I could not believe how many products they carry there were products there that I didn't even know some product lines produced. The back of the store is dedicated to wigs, weaves and so on and the best part about this is that you can try on the wigs weaves etc..... I lost my manners when I went in there. I tried on some many different hair pieces my neck was sore when I got home.
I never heard of this one. Is there here in the SF Valley or the inner-city?

Oh, I almost forgot, there's OK Beauty:

19315 Saticoy St # A
Reseda, CA 91335

(818) 993-3886

They are small, but have a lot of stuff there...esp. hard to find products. ;)

Back