Good products for color treated hair?

LuLu

Hey ladies, I want to make sure my colored hair gets enough moisture and I know it has a tendency to get dry so what are some really good moisturizers to use on colored hair?

P.S. Should I be using a different kind of shampoo/conditioner to keep the color bright???

I personally love, love, LOVE, Mizani Moisturefuse. I've ventured off and tried other brands, but I always come back. This conditioner gives me maximum moisture.

[ QUOTE ]
rayne said:
I personally love, love, LOVE, Mizani Moisturefuse. I've ventured off and tried other brands, but I always come back. This conditioner gives me maximum moisture.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this and love it
love.gif

Denali, is that a conditioner???

I use Aveda's black malva color shampoo and conditioner. It conditions really good and preserves the color.

<ul type="square"> [*]L'Oreal Feria Color Moisturizing Treatment (made my highlights sparkle!) [*]Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo (won't strip the color) [*]Sebastian's Colourshines by Cellophane Clear Glaze - smoothed the raised cuticles that come from the dyeing process, making my hair super-soft and shiny (this is not a shampoo, it's a glaze intended to seal the hair's cuticle, i.e., make it lie flat; some people use it as a deep conditioner but I don't) [*]Jojoba Oil - light but won't weigh down my hair (I used it especially on my bleached highlights because they needed the most attention). If you have highlights, oil them and then oil them again! Quality, Inexpensive Jojoba Oil Here [/list]

All these tips I received from either Tracy or Jade21.

Last but not least, wear a protective scarf or hat when outdoors to keep the sun from oxidizing the color.

Good luck!

[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:
<ul type="square"> [*]L'Oreal Feria Color Moisturizing Treatment (made my highlights sparkle!) [*]Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo (won't strip the color) [*]Sebastian's Colourshines by Cellophane Clear Glaze - smoothed the raised cuticles that come from the dyeing process, making my hair super-soft and shiny (this is not a shampoo, it's a glaze intended to seal the hair's cuticle, i.e., make it lie flat; some people use it as a deep conditioner but I don't) [*]Jojoba Oil - light but won't weigh down my hair (I used it especially on my bleached highlights because they needed the most attention). If you have highlights, oil them and then oil them again! Quality, Inexpensive Jojoba Oil Here [/list]

All these tips I received from either Tracy or Jade21.

Last but not least, wear a protective scarf or hat when outdoors to keep the sun from oxidizing the color.

Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooh...thanks so much !!
wink.gif

Creamy protein + lil' Moisturizing + Good slip=
love.gif

I was lured away from it by more moisturizing cons, which eventually resulted in minor breakage because my hair became too soft over time. With color you must have a balance between strength (protein) and moisture.

Back