Good Product?

-Love Love*

B26235.jpg

Hollywood Beauty Oil Complex , Castor Oil , Mink Oil , Sweet Almond Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate - Vitamin E , Jojoba Oil , Paraffin Oil , Safflower Oil , Lanolin , Cocoa Butter , Propylparaben , Fragrance

I use it as sealer and I really like. I am almost done with it then I noticed it had mineral oil so I use it less now. It is far down so its not that bad...but mineral oil really scares me so I don't know if I will buy it again.

I use it as sealer and I really like. I am almost done with it then I noticed it had mineral oil so I use it less now. It is far down so its not that bad...but mineral oil really scares me so I don't know if I will buy it again.

IMO you should use it if you like it :yep: Mineral oil serves as a sealer, and that's how you're using it so...

IMO you should use it if you like it :yep: Mineral oil serves as a sealer, and that's how you're using it so...

You know I totally agree with you but I hate shampoo and I am lazy so I am afraid that using mineral oil on a regular will cause me to have to take extra precautions that I just don't feel like dealing with. But I will see how it goes. So far my hair only likes grapeseed oil. It hates shea butter,coconut oil, castor oil, and avocado oil as sealers. Made my hair hard :nono: I am going to see how things go with olive oil but I also find that a good gel is great as a sealer and I hardly ever don't use gel...

OP I don't think that it is a good idea to put mineral oil on your scalp. I belive that it can clog pores which can interfere with hair growth.

I use this product on my scalp when I have sew-ins and I have no problem with it I get good growth with sew-ins

You know I totally agree with you but I hate shampoo and I am lazy so I am afraid that using mineral oil on a regular will cause me to have to take extra precautions that I just don't feel like dealing with. But I will see how it goes. So far my hair only likes grapeseed oil. It hates shea butter,coconut oil, castor oil, and avocado oil as sealers. Made my hair hard :nono: I am going to see how things go with olive oil but I also find that a good gel is great as a sealer and I hardly ever don't use gel...

OP I don't think that it is a good idea to put mineral oil on your scalp. I belive that it can clog pores which can interfere with hair growth.

Such as??

I mean the product isn't straight up mineral oil, it's just listed as an ingredient. No clue how much is in there. Besides, using to seal in moisture would prevent you from from having to moisturize too often since it's good at keeping moisture in. Just use a little bit on the ends and you're good. Esp. since you said some of the other more popular products left your hair hard (how much were you using?)... I just mean, don't stop doing something that your hair likes just because you read something out there that said it's evil. I know plenty of heads on this board that had to start their journeys over because they didn't do what worked for them...:ohwell:

Some of my fave body moisturizers have mineral oil in them, and my skin is soft like baby's butt, lol.

Also, I wouldn't use gel as a sealer. That's way more issues than the above-mentioned product :nono:

And yeah, some people don't do well with these types of products on their scalp, but some do so that's relative. I don't use them like that, I'm just saying :up:

Such as??
Shampooing and/or clarifying! I always assume that mineral oil and petroleum oil will cause buildup unless I cleanse well and I don't know if cowashing is enough to get it out. I really don't know for sure so I prefer to err on the side of caution.

I mean the product isn't straight up mineral oil, it's just listed as an ingredient. No clue how much is in there. Besides, using to seal in moisture would prevent you from from having to moisturize too often since it's good at keeping moisture in. Just use a little bit on the ends and you're good.
I really don't have a problem with keeping moisture in, not since I started dcing on a regular basis, eliminating shampoo, etc. I never wear my hair straight, it is always up in a banana clip. So when I seal, I seal the front of my hair and the puff. I try to protect all of the hair that is exposed to the air so I use a good bit.

Esp. since you said some of the other more popular products left your hair hard (how much were you using?)... No matter how much or little I use, the products I mentioned just don't agree with my hair. They just sit on top and don't absorb into my hair.

I just mean, don't stop doing something that your hair likes just because you read something out there that said it's evil. I know plenty of heads on this board that had to start their journeys over because they didn't do what worked for them...:ohwell: I never have ever used mineral or petroleum oil on my hair. So I don't particularly feel like I need to start using it now. I don't have a probably growing healthy hair. I just didn't know how to retain it before I discovered hair boards and I don't feel like I need mineral oil to retain my length. I have never greased or oiled my scalp before either and don't feel like I need to do this so I also worry about the mineral oil on my scalp.

Some of my fave body moisturizers have mineral oil in them, and my skin is soft like baby's butt, lol. I bet it is. I use hair grease with petroleum as a moisturizer on my feet and then sleep with socks. Keeps my skin buttery soft in winter time

Also, I wouldn't use gel as a sealer. That's way more issues than the above-mentioned product :nono: Such as? I swear by gel (especially 100% aloe vera gel) and I almost never go without it. The right gels (for me this means no alcohol/no silicones) especially if they are nice and thick will prevent my hair from drying out until I wash again. My routine is very similar to the curly girl regime promote at nc. I know that a lot of ladies don't use gel but this is one instance where I don't let others opinions affect what I know works for my hair.

And yeah, some people don't do well with these types of products on their scalp, but some do so that's relative. I don't use them like that, I'm just saying :up:

I totally agree with you but I believe that certain mineral/petroleum products are comodegenic (sp) which means that they clog pores. I just prefer to stay away.

Last edited:
Good for some, not for me :yep:

Not that I have to explain why I don't use petroleum/mineral oil often... but I don't wash my hair all that often (weekly) and I don't use powerful shampoos at all, I would never get it out of my hair the way my regimen is now.

I quite like that company's carrot creme though. Nice and thick and petroleum free (I think)

^^^ Are you officially transitioning now?

Not really. I don't plan on cutting or relaxing my hair anytime soon. I'm going to have these ends for a looooong time :)

I would feel dumb if I cut off all my hair just to texlax again a year later (again). So I'm thinking a very long transition. :yep:

Back