good natural products for natural hair besides CD?

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
Hello all. I have used CD stuff before and was excited at first, only to discover that it really wasn't for me. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as shampoos, conditioners and natural moisturizers for happy nappies such as myself?

I have only been natural for 2 months, but I like Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose for co-washes and I have been using Oyin Handmade for about a week. The Honey Hemp conditioner, Burnt Sugar Pomade and Greg Juice seem to work pretty good so far. I ordered the Oyin from www.curlmart.com Hope this helps.

I don't have any suggestions, I just think Mom23's puppy is sooooooo cute! :grin:

Oh, though I did recently buy the Giovanni Direct Leave-in since it gets so many raves. I will try it after my next cowash.

I've purchased and FELL IN LOVE with Hydratherma Naturals and this has now become staple of mine.

I've been natural for over 10 years and I've tried just about everything under then sun!

The products smells wonderful and does wonders for putting and KEEPING moisture in your hair.

Now, I honestly cannot swear for the hair-growth because I have not been using it long enough to see a difference but from my experience so far, everything that is promised about the line, I can attest is the truth!

The owner of the company is a member here and the website is... www.healthyhairjourney.com

Last edited:
I have only been natural for 2 months, but I like Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose for co-washes and I have been using Oyin Handmade for about a week. The Honey Hemp conditioner, Burnt Sugar Pomade and Greg Juice seem to work pretty good so far. I ordered the Oyin from www.curlmart.com Hope this helps.

Totally OT - What an adorable puppy!!!! The name is GREAT:yep:

OK Back ON topic.... I think that CD products are the WORSTfor natural hair.

There are some really good natural brands out there.
I would reccomend Oyin... in addition to that - I would reccommend experimenting with some homemade remedies...

I've purchased and FELL IN LOVE with Hydratherma Naturals and this has now become staple of mine.

I've been natural for over 10 years and I've tried just about everything under then sun!

The products smells wonderful and does wonders for putting and KEEPING moisture in your hair.

Now, I honestly cannot swear for the hair-growth because I have not been using it long enough to see a difference but from my experience so far, everything that is promised about the line, I can attest is the truth!

The owner of the company is a member here and the website is... www.healthyhairjourney.com

Her leave-in looks like something I want to try.

can i have your dog?

i like the giovanni direct, but only when diluted...makes my hair crunchy if i use it straight, even on soaking wet hair.

are you talking about products or everything? cause if not...dont forget butters, oils, honey rinses, and baking soda clarifying.

You certainly can. The key is to keep your hair moisturized whatever you decide to do with your hair. Especially when you will be working with two different textures.

Whats the best product i can use for both texures. i heard of pantene relaxed& natural mask..or ORS replenishing. i haven't tried them yet so.

Back