Good Morning Ladies

mj11051

Yesterday I was talking to my friend (she's relaxed,I'm natural) we were talking hair and she asked fro my help. So I need your help. I'm making her some moe grow oil and I'd like to make her a butter for her hair. However I'm unsure what butter would work for her relaxed hair. Please help because I'd really like to help her as much as I can. TIA MJ

I think you should probably go to the "Hair Recipe" part of this forum. There are many hair recipes there. I hope this helps.

Hi! What condition is her hair? Is it healthy, dry, damaged? These are some factors to consider when creating a regimen. How does she style it? Blowdry and flatiron, rollerset, etc? If you can give a few details, I'll try to help you as much as possible.

Hi! What condition is her hair? Is it healthy, dry, damaged? These are some factors to consider when creating a regimen. How does she style it? Blowdry and flatiron, rollerset, etc? If you can give a few details, I'll try to help you as much as possible.

Just agreeing with Platinum, and saying good morning!!!!

Looks healthy, but dry and she blowdries and flatirons it.

She was asking me about using different oils. Coconut and jojoba. I was telling her that I used moe grow oil on my scalp and she asked me to make some.

But I'd like to help her with things to do at home. Like co-wash and conditioning.

is she course or fine haired?....im fine relaxed..and shea butter worked okay...however...it did better when its whipped to a light creamy texture. adding glycerin or aloe is good too. Butters can weigh down fine hair...atleast on mine

Looks healthy, but dry and she blowdries and flatirons it.

She was asking me about using different oils. Coconut and jojoba. I was telling her that I used moe grow oil on my scalp and she asked me to make some.

But I'd like to help her with things to do at home. Like co-wash and conditioning.

Okay, first. Maybe she should cut back on the blowdrying. If time permits, she should seal with an oil and let it airdry. If she has to blowdry, she should use a goodheat protectant.

If you think co-washing would help her, I would suggest trying cheapie conditioners, like V05 Moisture Milks ( I like Passionfruit Smoothie). If time permits, she should try co-washing atleast 1-2X a week.

If she's not ready for cowashing, she can try Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizing Shampoo (green and white bottle). This is a great moisturizing shampoo.

How often does she deep condition? Hopefully someone can chime in about DC's. I tried ORS Repleneshing Pak last night and I love it.

Coconut oil is a miracle oil in my opinion. You can find it at GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, Walmart (near the pharmacy).I would recommend that for sealing in moisture and daily use. Jojoba is great but more expensive. You can add some jojoba to your shampoo or conditioner for added benefit.

I hope this helps. Hopefully, some of the Hair Guru's can chime in.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that she may want to try avoid using products that contain petroleum jelly (i.e. Hair grease). Also, maybe you should try suggesting that she clarify with baking soda and water or a clarifying shampoo (maybe every 2-3 weeks) if she uses a lot of products.

Back