Good Moisturizer suggestions for Natural Hair

CurlyCoilycourt

I've been natural for about 3 months now and have been wearing wigs..under my wigs i would have twist in which i would re-twist every week and just spray them with a leave in and water combo!! Now im sooo done with wigs and want to take better care of my hair because it is so dry....

Im thinking of purchasing unrefined shea butter from nasabb.com but wanted to see if there were any other good products that will keep my dry (3c/4a) hair moisturized throughout this winter season..any suggestions or rave reviews??

TIA

I think you are off to a good start with the unrefined shea butter. :grin: I personally only use it for sealing my ends and on my skin. However, there are other great moisturizing products out there as well.

Leave-In Conditioners are a key to keeping your hair moisturized. I personally use Devacare One Conditioner and Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner - most times I mix them together.

Also, deep conditioning helps dry hair. There are many good ones out there. Right now I use Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioning Treatment and Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner. I use them together and sit under the dryer for 20-30 minutes at least once a week.

I am bunning right now and I also will use almost every other day Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Cream to moisturize in between my hair days!

I hope some of this is helpful.

Happy Moisturizing!!!:yep:

Yes to Cucumbers Leave-in, Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Redken Real Control Cream leave-in, Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship Leave-in. I've reviewed them in detail on my blog and had nothing but positive things to say about them. HTH!

I think you are off to a good start with the unrefined shea butter. :grin: I personally only use it for sealing my ends and on my skin. However, there are other great moisturizing products out there as well.

Leave-In Conditioners are a key to keeping your hair moisturized. I personally use Devacare One Conditioner and Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner - most times I mix them together.

Also, deep conditioning helps dry hair. There are many good ones out there. Right now I use Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioning Treatment and Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner. I use them together and sit under the dryer for 20-30 minutes at least once a week.

I am bunning right now and I also will use almost every other day Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Cream to moisturize in between my hair days!

I hope some of this is helpful.

Happy Moisturizing!!!:yep:

That is why i asked about the shea butter first because i researched and saw some were using it as a moisturizer and some on their ends as a sealant so i was a little confused...and thanks for the deep conditioning advice to i should of asked about that i saw rave reviews on the jessicurl DC so i think im going to purchase that for DC treatments :grin:

VO5 Strawberries and Creme works well for me to remoisturize my WNGs, as does using my leave-in and water spray bottle. Sometimes I seal with Africa's Best Herbal Oil, sometimes I don't. I have also heard raves for Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In for a daily moisturizer, and I used Lustrasilk Cholesterol when I first went natural. Hawaiian Silky was great for this summer, but I am looking into the Qhemet BRBC for this winter, personally. I have also used Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme with great success, but it's pricey. For some reason, my hair loves products with shea butter IN them, but hates unrefined regular old shea butter. Go figure.

I focus on having a super moisturizing conditioner that i leave on for at least 20 minutes. Like Organix tea tree mint or Renpure "my pretty hair is parched" (red bottle)

Then I use profective for split/dry ends (its pink).

Spray on a mix of shea butter/olive/cocabutter/aloe vera oils (all $.99 at the BSS)

My hair ALWAYS feels moist and I'm 3c/4a too

HTH

I love qhemet amla and olive, but when times are tough (qhemet is expensive)
I use Long term relationship leave in. I was skeptical about this product, but it was $2 so I tried it, and I swear I heard the angels descend from the heavens:grin: It makes my hair so easy to detangle and leaves it so soft. It works best when I apply it to damp hair but I slap that thing on every chance I get and I always end up with soft hair. (The only downside is that it has cones, I guess if you care about that sort of thing). I love it! (and for $2!!!) plus it makes my hair smell like strawberries, which is a huge plus since I use AO HSR and that smells like old lady

To moisturize on wash days, I like to use regular rinse out conditioners (coneless and light so I won't get build up) mixed with coconut oil, and on non-wash days I use the same combo above mixed with water and spritz my hair with it.

Back