Good moisturizer for ends?

growinglong777

I have fine hair and have been using Jane Carter nourish and shine on my ends daily.. I think it is too much, because I lose strands every time I use it. Can any ladies share a good mosturizer for ends that is light and non greasy?

Hi Girl :wave: , You know I replaced my ORS with Aveda Universal Styling Creme & im really happy with it. I only use a little, if more is needed make sure to apply it in layers to avoid overdoing it.

growinglong777 said:
I have fine hair and have been using Jane Carter nourish and shine on my ends daily.. I think it is too much, because I lose strands every time I use it. Can any ladies share a good mosturizer for ends that is light and non greasy?

Jane Carter Nourish and Shine can get a little heavy. Try ORS Olive oil creme

Hi Dionne31,, You know I purchased some of the Aveda the other day based on your recommendation as a moisturizer and never thought to use it on my ends.. do you think I can use it daily on the ends,, just a little.and it will get the job done? . I love the way it makes my hair feel and I love the smell.:p Do you think I can seal with coconut oil or is it necessary.

That's the way I use it. I do apply a little throughout my hair but mainly I focus on my ends. I always apply it to my ends at night before I wrap my hair & cover with my atin scarf. In the emorning my ends are moisturized soft & not weighed down. Just remember to apply very light & reapply in light layers as needed.

ETA: I don't seal......

the best way to moisturize your ends or the whole hair is with leave in conditioners. Kleravitex has a Milk18 and Milk26 Amazing products.....
They have even anti-frizz and UV protection ++++++ many other good ingredients

HoneyDew said:
Aveda Universal Styling Creme for me.

Not to hijack but I saw you post about this the other day HoneyDew and I went out and bought it. My hair was in an airdried ponytail and I separated my hair and applied it thoughout and my hair looked so good considering I'm 15 1/2 weeks into a stretch. I didn't even seal with an oil like I normally do. This is a good product. I really like Aveda but thanks for putting me on to this.

Last edited:
nycutiepie said:
Not to hijack but I saw you post about this the other day HoneyDew and I went out and bought it. My hair was in an airdried ponytail and I separated my hair and applied it thoughout and my hair looked so good considering I'm 13 1/2 weeks into a stretch. I didn't even seal with an oil like I normally do. This is a good product. I really like Aveda but thanks for putting me on to this.

I am glad to hear that you like it. I like Aveda, as well. They honestly have a great line of products.

The creme lasts a long time, which makes it worth the $16.

growinglong777 said:
Thanks Ladies.. I am going to try my Aveda Universal Styling Creme since I already have it.:D

:eek: :eek:

You have it and you haven't used it!!! Girl, that is an abomination!! :)

DIONNE31 said:
Hi Girl :wave: , You know I replaced my ORS with Aveda Universal Styling Creme & im really happy with it. I only use a little, if more is needed make sure to apply it in layers to avoid overdoing it.

I agree with Dionne31. Aveda Styling Creme is the way to go for your hair. Esp since you are looking for something light. It's not heavy or greasy at all. Let us know how it works for you.

growinglong777 said:
For several years now, I've happily used Constant Care for Ends, the Wanakee/Verifen brand, on my ends. It's very light and non-greasy. It can be found at www.hairoil.com :)

ETA: I do love Aveda and I haven't used the styling creme on my ends. I'm sure that would be very good too.

Last edited:
Isis said:
For several years now, I've happily used Constant Care for Ends, the Wanakee/Verifen brand, on my ends. It's very light and non-greasy. It can be found at www.hairoil.com :)

Yes, it works very well; but there are others that work well, too, such as Hairobics Hair and Scalp Booster, Africa's Best Super Gro pomade, Vaseline mixed with a combination oil blend, TCB Naturals, Softee Indian Hemp and others.

So, do you guys use a different product for your ends? I use the same moisturizer for every section of my hair. I sometimes concentrate on the ends and add more, but not really with a different product.

I was using CCFE for 10 years faithfully. However, since I stumbled across this discussion board, I diverted from it. Now I have so much stuff, I've become a product junkie. I'm alternating now.

I use castor oil mixed with Garnier Fructis Leave in on my ends when they're feeling a lil dry. Works like magic after it soaks in over night.

chayil0427 said:
I use castor oil mixed with Garnier Fructis Leave in on my ends when they're feeling a lil dry. Works like magic after it soaks in over night.

ITA

This is exactly what I do to my ends, only lately I have been baggying them. My ends soak it all up.
InnerSoul- I have the ORS carrot oil but it always leaves white particles in my hair, maybe I got a defective one.
I also like Giovanni direct but I find that when my hair is pressed it has a little too much water in it (slight reversion) so the garnier works better but on natural hair it’s perfect.

chayil0427 said:

Which Garnier Fructis Leave-in? I have heard this mentioned by some other members also.

Back