Good marriage

mieshashair

Ok I know thy there is no such thing as a "perfect marriage" but I do believe that some ppl have a "good marriage". Please share your positive stories here about it... Oh and let's remain truthful about it..no fantasy relationships 

No, I think it belongs in the CF, why not? My parents had a very loving relationship until the end. I never saw them disrespect each other through words or actions. They never raised their voices. My father wasn't a ruler with an iron fist as both my parents were educated professionals. They had an egalitarian marriage and both were involved in community organizations and philanthropy. They surely protected us as kids but first by providing excellent examples of love, maturity, humor, intellect and unity. Boy, do I miss them!!!

I believe a good marriage is based on genuine love, and love is based on these verses:

1 Corinthians 13
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

This is the kind of marriage my parents have and I desire to have one day. No matter how tough things get, their love prevails. And, believe you me, things were tough at times. Their love always overcomes. Through their love for each other, I've learned the true meaning of forgiveness and patience, ... and of course, love. They are truly joined as one.

I think my marriage became good when I realized that I needed to let my husband lead. I know that sounds :rolleyes: but this changed my marriage. When I started asking for his input instead of doing what I felt was right for our household, we became worlds closer.

Back