Good hair gel for natural hair?

JewelleNY

Hi Ladies:wave: ,
As I am stretching going on maybe 19 weeks? (I stopped counting:lol: ) can you all tell me what is a good gel for natural hair that isn't drying or harmful?

I want to be able to smooth down my bangs as they are presently sticking out and I can't afford to go without them:lol:

TIA;)

Fantasia IC gel with sparkle lites is a good one. It has no alcohol in it so it does not dry your hair out our leave it feeling crunchy. It gives a good hold while leaving the hair soft. HTH

jenell85 said:
Fantasia IC gel with sparkle lites is a good one. It has no alcohol in it so it does not dry your hair out our leave it feeling crunchy. It gives a good hold while leaving the hair soft. HTH

Ditto, I just used some in my hair!

jamaica mango & lime loc gel for resistant hair...it's for marketed for locs but i've used it on my loose hair plenty of times and it works well and it's pretty moisturizing. i also like proclaim aloe vera gel. no alcohol in either if i remember correctly.

ITA w the IC gel w sparkelites. The Blue one made my hair supa curly and it took longer to dry. A lil goes a long way.

I have tried and I ahve tried all gels under the sun recommened and my hair still comes out. hard and crunchy and mass shrinkage. Then dry like straw after it dries. I really wanted the Ic fantasia gel to work because it looks so good and many people liked it, but was sadly disappointed when it did not work for me. My search is over because this is not for me when it comes to gels.

If Fantasic IC gel (white jar) doesn't work, try Aussie's "Aussome Volume Texturizing Gel". It works great on my braidouts and puffs.

Also here's a tip: If you put a little Fantasic IC gel on first, and then add some Elasta QP mango butter, you won't have any flyaways.

HTH.

Either Sophia's Coconut hair gel from myhoneychild.com or Qhemet's soft hold gel from qhemetsbiologics.com. If you don't wanna order online, try Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera gel.

wow, thanks for all of the suggestions ladies, I don't know which one to try first:) I am starting to not like the 2 different textures but I am not a fan of the BC:lol:

jenell85 said:
My favorite gel I use the blue one though . I always put it on my wet ends to define the rings.Good call

Country gal said:
I like fantasia ic and scurl wave pomade

Yeah now good combination CG.

I use IC white alone and sometimes mixed with Scurl texturizing gel (blue and grey container)which doesn't rub off on anything.

I can go without washing it out for over a week and it doesn't dry it out. I spray Scurl texturizer moisturizer or a lil water to rejuvenate it daily.

I wear a bonnet to sleep, tie a silk scarf or I pull my hair in a loose puff an sleep on it when I'm lazy.

jenell85 said:
I use that too!

i thougth that i was the only one who couldnt use the IC fantasia gel! that stuff really doesnt work for me except for smoothing flat twists and cornrows :/

Thanks so much. I should have come to the hairboard yesterday, and my question would have been answered before I asked. :lol:

Back