Good Detangler; Any Suggestions???

chestnutblonde

Hello all, I'm fairly new to this forum so I'm not quite sure if there is a similar thread out there. I need to obtain a good detangling leave in conditioner. Once I wash my hair it gets so tangled and I lose so much hair in the detangling process. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have used baby love children's detangler by softsheen. It works great especially when you have lots of new growth. I also hear that Pantene extra light conditioning spray is a good detangler. I'm going to use this some time this week.

Are you relaxed? natural?

I love Surge. I don't think it grew me any hair but I have continued using it for about 2 years as my leave in because it's the best detangler I've ever used. You may prefer a cream leave in but haven't found one that did it for me yet. Cream of Nature detangling shampoo is also fabulous. No other shampoo detangles my hair. Good luck to you and welcome!

I only use Pantene Curl Revive Leave-In spray. It softens my natural hair enough for me to add a moisturizer and be able to comb through.

i recommend aphogee leave in. very good for detangling. i also heard a lot of people rave about cream of nature detangling shampoo. im not sure if this what you are doing but make sure you start with the ends first when detangling and work your way up. comb gently using a wide tooth comb. HTH

Chesnutblonde -

Hi and welcome to LHCF!

I agree with all the other product suggestions mentioned.

One thing, be careful with Surge as a detangler. It has keratin protein in it and can cause brittleness with over usage.

The burns/irriation that you may have heard of are from spraying directly on the scalp. I, myself, experienced some scalp lacerations and irritation. However, with frequent washings this can be deterred. Another deterrant, that has helped other ladies, is mixing it with an oil. I followed my applications of Surge with an application of evoo or Wonder 8 Oil with great results. Remember everyone is different. You experiences may not mirror other's experiences. The best way to find out what works for YOU is to try it yourself.

Also, check your washing technique. The way your manipulate your hair during washing can be a factor in your tangling as well.

I wash my hair in four ponytails. Another good way to wash to avoid tangles is to wash smoothing your hair back in one direction. Or combing through while the water is running over your hair.

Happy hair growing....

~op~

Well i thought i had purchased the Pantene light conditioner/detangling spray that everyone raved about. but actually i have the VO5 light cond/detangling spray. :ohwell: I love it, it works great. I spray with that and it instantly softens and makes my hair managable. I also use 2 dabs of either v05 or herbal essences conditioner mixed with water and use it as a leave in....this works GREAT!!!

Thank you for all the responses. I usually use Nexxus Therapy Shampoo and Nexxus Humectress Conditioner. 9 out of 10 times I get my hair washed at a Dominican salon and they have a hard time detangling my hair when they are about to roller set it. I'll have to try some of these detanglers and see which one works for me. Once again, thanks guys. ;)

I want to thank whomever told me to use the Surge as a detangler. That stuff works wonders. I used it once before on my dry hair and it made my roots too thick, but using it as a detangler is a excellent. Thanks again.

Matrix Biolage detangling baume, mane and tail spray detangler, Proclaim Aloe and shea butter conditioner.

lovechic said:
Paul Mitchell's THE DETANGLER!!!!!!!!

Ditto!

If you really want to be slick... use Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo (wash twice) then The Detangler...comb from the bottom up like someone else said and you should be golden.

Back