Good Curl Defining Product For A Twa ?

lesedi

All is well with me
Hey ladies
I BC's again in January and for a month or two I was loving the wash and go (literally cowash every morning, spritz with keratin green tea restructurizer and then finish with jbco) lifestyle lol. But now as my hair is getting slightly longer, it's not working as well anymore and half looks defined and half isnt:cry3:, I think I need a styling product but not sure which one to get.
I bought Shea moisture curling souffle but I'm not feeling it. My hair has that crispy feeling when i use it and it feels too coated.

I just want a good styling and curling product that I can use until my hair grows out:cry3: if anyone hasn't pics that would be great too

This is when I got my BC

This is it now

Last edited:
I like it! You are beautiful... , Shea moisture is not my favorite brand of products to use. I like OKAY pure naturals, and the keraCare lines... There is a thread here that was just recently posted about stylers... Check it out in the search field. I post from my phone so I can't post the link... Good luck!

I like it! You are beautiful... , Shea moisture is not my favorite brand of products to use. I like OKAY pure naturals, and the keraCare lines... There is a thread here that was just recently posted about stylers... Check it out in the search field. I post from my phone so I can't post the link... Good luck!
Thank you! I will hit search

I would like to know too! Something that would last down and polish a TWA.

Eta: whoops I meant lay down a TWA

Last edited:
I've bought pretty much all of the major curl defining products and always came back to ecostyler gel or in a pinch the fantasia ic sparkelites gel. cream based curl definers don't do anything for me and I need something with hold otherwise my hair will frizz.
Did you try KCCC? Which Ecostyler do you use? I had the green one before I cut my hair and I don't remember it really working

Did you try KCCC? Which Ecostyler do you use? I had the green one before I cut my hair and I don't remember it really working
kccc has zero hold for me and was flakey. Even though it looks like a gel its kinda runny. I tried it with and without the KC Knot Today and found it useless and my hair felt sticky after it dried.

I like the green ecostyler, I think it's olive oil but I'll use the one with argan oil. I'm heavy handed with it because my hair will absorb moisture wherever it comes from.

I'm thinking of trying a cellophane or glaze for shine..never used one before so not sure if it will work for definition. Not feeling my hair right now:mad:
I use sebastian cellophane in red. It will just coat the strands from what I am aware of. It will NOT changeyour texture since it has no ammonia or peroxide.

I've bought pretty much all of the major curl defining products and always came back to ecostyler gel or in a pinch the fantasia ic sparkelites gel. cream based curl definers don't do anything for me and I need something with hold otherwise my hair will frizz.
I need hold too! I have coils like the OP! But on wet hair, I can use a moisturize, like Oyin hair dew and boing. It will be soft and not as defined. I use eco styler gel for a more defined curl.

Thank you!!!!!!!!
You have a more defined curl pattern than her. If you use the sponge, it will look like twists/finger coils instead of curls. Your texture is similar to mine. I pretty much do what she does, but I work with wet hair and use my fingers.

Garnier used to have a product called soft curl. It defined my 4b curls without making them stiff. I'm not sure if they still make it

Back