Good Clarifying shampoo?

LaPetiteCoquette

I have been inspecting my fallen hairs lately and noticed that a majority of my hair is broken and not shed hair. I did an Aphogee yesterday (followed by a four hour DC with no heat) and this morning I combed my hair. Only about 20 hairs fell out which I guess is good. But of those 20, 18 were broken, only two were shed with its bulb on. I don't think I should see any breakage after Aphogee.

I want to try Supergirl's three part method for stopping breakage b/c I do everything else I'm supposed to do for my hair. Can anyone reccomend a good clarifying shampoo?

Sorry for asking this redundant question, but the search feature has not worked for me since the day I signed up. The screen just goes blank and it doesn't give any results or go back to the site. :ohwell:

Well, I actually just used the Herbal Essences's one two days ago and it was good. Its the green one, should only cost you like 3-4 bucks. Neutrogena makes one that you can find at a grocery store too.

Other ones I like are Joico chelating shampoo, redken cleansing cream and design essentials organic cleanse shampoo.

i like and use Panteen (sp) Purity but its very stripping leaves my hair squeaky clean, if you want something that gently cleanses this is not the one but it oes do its job:grin:

I use 2 tablespoons of baking soda with my Aubrey Organics shampoo that got handed down to me. It works really well - I guess the baking soda would work with any shampoo (as long as it's not too moisturizing).

i used suave daily clarifying today and i love how my hair feels - not weighed down at all.

what is this method you speak of???

I use 2 tablespoons of baking soda with my Aubrey Organics shampoo that got handed down to me. It works really well - I guess the baking soda would work with any shampoo (as long as it's not too moisturizing).

I do this too, but I am not sure if it's really clarifying me and I want to try Supergirl's method to eliminate hair breakage. Hmm ... I add it to conditioner though, maybe I should try adding it to shampoo.

i used suave daily clarifying today and i love how my hair feels - not weighed down at all.

what is this method you speak of???

i like and use Panteen (sp) Purity but its very stripping leaves my hair squeaky clean, if you want something that gently cleanses this is not the one but it oes do its job:grin:

I like Elucence a lot.

Thanks ladies. Are all of these specifically clarifying shampoos or shampoos that you use are clarifiers?

I like pantene purity, too. The smell is wonderful! But it is slightly stripping to my hair as well. A lil bit goes a loooong way. I also purchased Kenra clarifying shampoo, it smells like grapefruit.:lick: I have yet to try it though.

I do this too, but I am not sure if it's really clarifying me and I want to try Supergirl's method to eliminate hair breakage. Hmm ... I add it to conditioner though, maybe I should try adding it to shampoo.

Ahhh.
Then you could try Pantene Purity, like someone said. I used to use it, until I ran out.

I like pantene purity, too. The smell is wonderful! But it is slightly stripping to my hair as well. A lil bit goes a loooong way. I also purchased Kenra clarifying shampoo, it smells like grapefruit.:lick: I have yet to try it though.

Ditto. I use the Suave clarifying shampoo as well. And I agree on the not weighed down feeling. :)

suave is $1.50 and is specifically a clarifier.

Ahhh.
Then you could try Pantene Purity, like someone said. I used to use it, until I ran out.

its specifically a clarifier around $4 at drugstores, smells great too

I think I will try the Suave or Pantene and give it a shot. I have to curb the breakage. I hate seeing it. It's not a lot, but enough that I want to stop it b/c I don't want my progress to be hindered. I especially don't think I should be seeing ANY breakage a day after Aphogee.

Keracare 1st Lather Shampoo is very good. It doesn't leave your hair feeling stripped, but I do follow it up with the hydrating detangling shampoo, per the instructions.

av_A1TL_162.jpg

A1TL_hd.gif

benefits_off.gif
usage_off.gif
tips_off.gif
ritual_off.gif

Recommended use: daily for swimmers; once or twice a week for ordinary build-up.

8.5 fl oz/250 ml - $9.00
spacer.gif

i like the keracare first lather as well. i have many shampoos but whenever ik use this i always follow up with paul mitchells the wash.

Keracare 1st Lather Shampoo is very good. It doesn't leave your hair feeling stripped, but I do follow it up with the hydrating detangling shampoo, per the instructions.

I love aveda's detoxifier:grin:

I like Kenra chelating and clarifying.:yep:

i like the keracare first lather as well. i have many shampoos but whenever ik use this i always follow up with paul mitchells the wash.

Thanks girls! I really appreciate it.

Vo5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze clarifying shampoo is really. good. it gets my hair really clean without it feeling stripped. Plus its only 99 cents:yep:
21QBlz4pFkL._SL500_AA200_.jpg

I have been inspecting my fallen hairs lately and noticed that a majority of my hair is broken and not shed hair. I did an Aphogee yesterday (followed by a four hour DC with no heat) and this morning I combed my hair. Only about 20 hairs fell out which I guess is good. But of those 20, 18 were broken, only two were shed with its bulb on. I don't think I should see any breakage after Aphogee.

I want to try Supergirl's three part method for stopping breakage b/c I do everything else I'm supposed to do for my hair. Can anyone reccomend a good clarifying shampoo?

Sorry for asking this redundant question, but the search feature has not worked for me since the day I signed up. The screen just goes blank and it doesn't give any results or go back to the site. :ohwell:

I use Suave clarifying works great! What is Supergirls method? or where an i find it?

I use this as well. There are two pantene clarifying poos, and one has harsher sulfates than the next. So I use the one without the ammonium sulfates - not stripping at all, HTH

Back