GOOD BUY: Africa's Best Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Hair Lotion

fluffylocks

Hey everyone!

I dont really "rave" products, but i just wanted to inform everyone of this product "Africa's Best Kids Organics Shea butter detangling moisturizing hair lotion" in case you didnt know

Its 12 oz for $3.50 and it detangles like nothing else i've ever seen, it has the feel of roux porosity or cream of nature (green) shampoo, and once you put it on, the comb just glides through the hair, it really is crazy. It smells pretty nice as well

I think it would be EXCELLENT for anyone with children who hate getting their hair combed because they are tenderheaded, or any of us who need to detangle before or after washing

i didnt comb my hair for a while ( trying to attempt the nocomb wash and go) and my hair was really really tangled, and i only used a quarter of this product and got through all of my hair ( and i am extremly heavy handed)

I dont use it all the time, because i use cream of nature shampoo to detangle, but its a great moisturizer when im not using carefree, when i cant get to the shower to wash/detangle my hair, and in case of emergencies, and i would be no problem if i used 1/2 the bottle every week, because its only $3.50!

The ingredients are:
Water , Propylene Glycol , Polyquaternium-37 , Propylene Glycol , Dicaprylate/Dicaprate , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , PEG 150 Distearate , Soybean Oil , Cetyl Alcohol , Glycerin , Phenyltrimethicone , Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copo , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Hydrolyzed Soy Protein , Milk Protein , Cholesterol , Honey , Silk Amino Acids , Corn Oil , BHA , BHT , Coconut Oil , Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil Safflower , Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract Rosemary , Urtica Dioica Extract Nettle , Equisetum Hyemale Extract Horsetail , Stearalkonium Chloride , Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil , Cocoa Butter , Shea Butter , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG-100 Stearate , Cyclomethicone , Carrot Oil , Fragrance , Dye , DMDM Hydantoin

Last edited:
Re: GOOD BUY: Africa's Best Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Hair Lo

I just posted a thread about the fact that mine has mink oil listed as the 17th ingredient. I see yours doesn't list it. What's up?

Re: GOOD BUY: Africa's Best Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Hair Lo

This is what I use, thanks to Trimbride :kiss:. It's a bit watery so what I do is add a bit of castor oil and it works very well. I love it.

Oh, i didnt even know you had just started a thread about it

Anyway, i have a bottle i brought earlier tht wasnt all the way finished, and one i just brought, and they both dont have mink oil as the 17th

one of us has to be buying the newer version, where did you get yours from?

I'll check mine when I get home to see if there's mink oil in it.

i use this any i really like it but it has sort of a chemically feel to it when you put it on your hair...like not so creamy idk. i like it though make detangling easy.

This is weird,

I looked at the older one, and it actually does have mink oil, but it is as the 33rd ( or 34, 35th) ingredient

i use this any i really like it but it has sort of a chemically feel to it when you put it on your hair...like not so creamy idk. i like it though make detangling easy.

I know, its kind of weird, the best way i could describe it was cream of nature shampoo/roux porosity. Kind of runny like Serenity said..but still good all the same

I just recently discovered this hair lotion and my hair loves it.
The ingredients on my bottle has:
Lanolin Oil
Olive Oil
Mink Oil
Jojobia oil
Vitamin E
Tee Tree Oil
Egg Protein

I bought the small 6 oz bottle from my local BSS for $1.69.

I just recently discovered this hair lotion and my hair loves it.
The ingredients on my bottle has:
Lanolin Oil
Olive Oil
Mink Oil
Jojobia oil
Vitamin E
Tee Tree Oil
Egg Protein

I bought the small 6 oz bottle from my local BSS for $1.69.

They have a smaller bottle? Didn't know that.... This is definitely a board fave though. I used it more when I was relaxed. Now it's too watery for my natural hair. I just used up the last of my bottle from last summer. It does start to smell funny after a while though.

I got mine at a BSS. I don't think it is that old because the store has been there only about a year or so. I'm really curious about this mink oil thing.

Last edited:

This has been a staple of mine since I first started on this board :yep:

Gotta love this stuff. I use it on my daughters hair and mine.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:
I swear nothing that gets raves here works on my hair! I must have like super immune hear. I have this and it did nada.

I'm happy for you though *cry*

They have a smaller bottle? Didn't know that.... This is definitely a board fave though. I used it more when I was relaxed. Now it's too watery for my natural hair. I just used up the last of my bottle from last summer. It does start to smell funny after a while though.
I bought the small size just in case my hair did not like it.
I noticed the large size bottle color change to darker yellow in one of my BSS because it must be old and they reduced the price to $1.50.
People still did not buy at reduced price so I guess it will get tossed soon.

I like this, it's great stuff. Definitely a good value too. :yep:

I L-O-V-E this stuff.:love2:I use it on my ponytail after I wash or cowash and it detangles in an instant.I let my hair dry this way and believe me when I say,it keeps my hair detangled even after it's dried 100%.

By the way:Mink Oil is an ingredient on my bottle.

it really works:yep:all most forgot about my old stand by:blush::lachen:

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:
I swear nothing that gets raves here works on my hair! I must have like super immune hear. I have this and it did nada.

I'm happy for you though *cry*
You are not the only one. It made my hair hard/stiff, and more tangled. I'm not upset, because at least I'm not out a ton of money.

I bought a bottle yesterday, and mink oil was listed.

Where would I find this product (which store specifically)? I really need it, and I can never find it!!

Where would I find this product (which store specifically)? I really need it, and I can never find it!!

I've never seen it at any sallys or kmart or walmart

The only place i''ve seen it was at a couple of Beauty Supply Stores near me (never checked Target)

I Looooove that picture, its soo sweet:yep:

You are not the only one. It made my hair hard/stiff, and more tangled. I'm not upset, because at least I'm not out a ton of money.

It did the exact same thing to my hair, but on my daughter's hair, it works just fine.

On a side note, their OLIVE OIL DETANGLER is wonderful!

Mine has mink oil listed about 35ish. Why is mink oil disappearing from so many products?

Mine has mink oil listed about 35ish. Why is mink oil disappearing from so many products?

They are on the endangered species list, so it's illegal to hunt them.

It did the exact same thing to my hair, but on my daughter's hair, it works just fine.

On a side note, their OLIVE OIL DETANGLER is wonderful!

Didn't like it for my daughter's hair either, it was ok for me. Glad u guys like it!

Back