Going To Salon w/ Hair Already Set?

Enyo

Sorry if the title makes no sense, but what I'd like to know is this: Has anyone gone to the hair salon with their hair already set and just had the stylist flat iron/curl it into another shape?

I really want to do a length check, with straight hair, but I do not want them to double process with heat. My curlformers give me a really nice soft set without heat, and I wanted to go to the salon with my hair already curlformed (probably second day when the curls have fallen) and have them round brush or flat iron. I'm not even sure what they do anymore because I have not gotten my hair straightened in years. Regardless, I'd like them to stretch it for me so I can see what I'm working with. I really wanted to go to Reniece, but I've decided not to wait for an elusive spot. I'd probably trust her to double process, but no one else.

Thanks.

Your stats say that you scraping WL. Unless it's a salon that you know respects long hair i.e. Reniece, please don't go to a salon. I'd hate for you to get heat damage and/or the notorious unsolicited hair cut.

Can you do a length check with curlformer stretched hair? Can you flat iron your own hair with a heat protectant on your own?

I don't want you to be scared of stylist, I just think that you need to really vet whoever you allow to do your length check.

What ever you decide please post pics of your progress.

No I don't think so...most stylists will not use tools/utensils in your hair without santizing your hair first.

Your stats say that you scraping WL. Unless it's a salon that you know respects long hair i.e. Reniece, please don't go to a salon. I'd hate for you to get heat damage and/or the notorious unsolicited hair cut. Can you do a length check with curlformer stretched hair? Can you flat iron your own hair with a heat protectant on your own?

I don't want you to be scared of stylist, I just think that you need to really vet whoever you allow to do your length check.

What ever you decide please post pics of your progress.

MileHighDiva Thanks for your advice. I have a pic of pulled hair in my forum album so you can get a general idea. I have not done any heat styling since the early 2000's. I have no idea what to do and feel I'd ruin my hair. I have pulled my hair with the curlformers, but in the end, my hair is still curled. I really want to check is straight.

Enyo I looked at your album. Your hair is beautiful! What method do you use to dust/trim it?

Do you just grab and trim like HairCrush, or do you do it in twist like Naptural85? Please share, because I'm curious about avoiding heat and maintaining healthy ends. I know that Chicoro straightens her hair a few times a year to goal point trim and do a length check.

I request cuts/trim on dry hair only. I haven't had a problem yet, but I do talk to the stylist beforehand. Just go in with clean hair of course.

I go to Bubbles -- look into that chain too.

Enyo I looked at your album. Your hair is beautiful! What method do you use to dust/trim it?

Do you just grab and trim like HairCrush, or do you do it in twist like Naptural85? Please share, because I'm curious about avoiding heat and maintaining healthy ends. I know that Chicoro straightens her hair a few times a year to goal point trim and do a length check.

MileHighDiva Thanks! I put my hair in wet twists and trim the ends. The hair that doesn't curl at all on the ends or is clearly frayed gets cut.

OP you may find a stylist willing to straighten your hair in the current roller set state but don't expect the results to be swang-worthy, especially if you are using products on your hair to roller set.

Honestly, I personally would never trust a stranger in my hair with a heat appliance (except for a blow dryer). All it takes is one too high heat pass...

Be careful and best of luck!

OP you may find a stylist willing to straighten your hair in the current roller set state but don't expect the results to be swang-worthy, especially if you are using products on your hair to roller set.

Honestly, I personally would never trust a stranger in my hair with a heat appliance (except for a blow dryer). All it takes is one too high heat pass...

Be careful and best of luck!

I just need it to be straight. I plan on taking pics to document the progress and then rinsing it out so it doesn't need to be amazing. This is a functional flat iron, not cosmetic.

Sent from my messy iPhone

Back