going to do a henna treatment this weekend.

youwillrise

i'm not doing it for color
so, i'll mix it up and use it right away
instead of allowing color release.

i really want the conditioning/strengthening effects.

i'm excited and nervous.
i've been looking up different henna posts on this and other boards.

any last minute warnings or other advice that i might have missed that you can offer on the henna process and not messing it up too much lol? it'd be greatly appreciated!

((deep breath))

i'm not doing it for color
so, i'll mix it up and use it right away
instead of allowing color release.

i really want the conditioning/strengthening effects.

i'm excited and nervous.
i've been looking up different henna posts on this and other boards.

any last minute warnings or other advice that i might have missed that you can offer on the henna process and not messing it up too much lol? it'd be greatly appreciated!

((deep breath))

I'm doing a henna gloss tonight after work :yep:! Nothing to add, just be sure to f/u w/a good moisturizing conditioner.

Tomorrow is my day to Henna, I normally do a Henna every 3 weeks. I mix it up tonight and let it sit and then put it on tomorrow. I let mine sit on my hair for 4 hours, rinse and then do a DC under the steamer. I've been using Henna for the past 5-6 months, no problems at all. Good luck with yours:grin:.

Tomorrow is my day to Henna, I normally do a Henna every 3 weeks. I mix it up tonight and let it sit and then put it on tomorrow. I let mine sit on my hair for 4 hours, rinse and then do a DC under the steamer. I've been using Henna for the past 5-6 months, no problems at all. Good luck with yours:grin:.

Do you use Indigo also? If so does mixing it with henna avoid the 2 step process?

You are using henna, but you don't want color??? That can be tricky. How long do you plan to leave it on? You may still end up with the color releasing while it's in your hair. If you don't leave it on long enough, it may not do anything and then will just be wasted. Why are you using henna instead of cassia?

You are using henna, but you don't want color??? That can be tricky. How long do you plan to leave it on? You may still end up with the color releasing while it's in your hair. If you don't leave it on long enough, it may not do anything and then will just be wasted. Why are you using henna instead of cassia?

Lavender is right...if you plan on leaving the henna on for a while, there will be color release, whether you let it sit or not.

I'd just use cassia so you get the conditioning effects without the color.

well,

i figured there'd be a bit of dye release somewhere in the process

i dont mind a little bit of henna color, i guess
(as in, i wont be upset or anything if color happens to "happen")

it's just not my...aim?

i didnt add any acids or anything that would "help" the dye release process along.

i dont plan on leaving it on long.

i'm actually going to rinse soon

(it'll be 2 hours)

i miiiiight try cassia next time, though.

i've seen cassia being thrown around here and there
but never paid attention to it

i'll be looking up info on that.

THANKS AGAIN LADIES!

Back