Going to an Aveda Salon

growinstrong

Ok ladies,

I am so excited. I will be going to an Aveda salon on Friday at 2:00 pm. I have thin, 4a/4b hair that is about 2 inches away from BSL. I currently use the DR line. What do I need to know before I go in for my first experience? I told the lady booking my appointment that I wanted a roller wrap and I had to explain exatly what the entailed :lol:. Has anyone ever been to an Aveda salon? It is one of the lifestyle salons. Do I need to bring my own detangling comb? I'm kinda nervous but at the same time kinda excited. What should I expect? Sorry for all the questions, but I dont know who my stylist is gonna be, and this is the first time that I may possible be getting a Caucasian stylist :look:. I know they know how to cut some hurr, but can they handle African American hair in a healthy, gentle manner?

I've been to an Aveda Institute, but not a "salon" per se. I loved it! I hope you have a great time!

If you don't already, be sure and speak to your stylist about their methods and techniques. Don't sit in silence as he/she abuses your hair. Don't be afraid to speak up for your tresses (in a respectful manner, of course). :D Let us know how it turns out! (I'm sure you will) :cool:

Back