Going to a Stylist

ChoColette

May will be the first time I go back to my Stylist since my hair journey and its just for a relaxer. Would it be crazy to bring my own products? And DC like I like at home and wait an hour in between? I don't want to stop treating my hair right ESPECIALLY after a relaxer.

i don't think it's crazy. you might want to talk to your stylist ahead of time though. that way, she knows what you want and you know what to expect

I have taken my own products and tools to the salon many times. I even once took my own products to an Aveda salon. The stylist used them too, after making sure it was okay with the manager.

You know what works for your hair. Take your products.

alive said:
i don't think it's crazy. you might want to talk to your stylist ahead of time though. that way, she knows what you want and you know what to expect

You are right. Good idea. Not to just show up with a cart of stuff and have her look at me like WTHeck!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

naturalmanenyc said:
I have taken my own products and tools to the salon many times. I even once took my own products to an Aveda salon. The stylist used them too, after making sure it was okay with the manager.

You know what works for your hair. Take your products.

Thank you. Nice to know I'm not crazy in my thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I definitely recommend asking if your stylist BEFORE going. I asked my original stylist who claimed that her "insurance" didn't allow it.

I found someone else up.

Yeah, definitely ask the stylist before your appointment.

I have even heard of people shampooing their hair at home, with the anticipation the stylist would continue from there with the blowdrying/roller setting, cut, etc.

They were rejected.

Back