Going out on the town: Should I wash my hair today?

misskris816

Hi ladies,

I need you to help me out. Tonight I am going out with some girlfriends and inevitably, my hair will smell like nasty cigarettes when I come home. Well, right now I am sitting here looking at my hair which in my opinion, looks a little greasy and I'm getting the itch to wash it so that it will be swangin' all over the place tonight. When I wash, I always flat iron so if I decide to wash, I'll be using heat tonight and will have to use heat tomorrow after I wash again to get the cigarette smoke from out my hair. Do you think I should skip washing it altogether since it'll just smell nasty by tonight anyway, or do you think I should go ahead and wash my hair tonight so it looks a little better and re-wash tomorrow? This may seem like a simple question but I've been over here thinking about it for the past 2 hours! Thanks in advance. :)

Last edited:
I used the Caruso's last night and didn't really like the way it turned out :( . I was thinking about not washing my hair and just using the curling iron, but now that I'm using BT, I can only use the curling iron on freshly washed hair or else the heat/BT combination makes it smell like rotten eggs :barf: .

misskris816 said:
Hi ladies,

I need you to help me out. Tonight I am going out with some girlfriends and inevitably, my hair will smell like nasty cigarettes when I come home. Well, right now I am sitting here looking at my hair which in my opinion, looks a little greasy and I'm getting the itch to wash it so that it will be swangin' all over the place tonight. When I wash, I always flat iron so if I decide to wash, I'll be using heat tonight and will have to use heat tomorrow after I wash again to get the cigarette smoke from out my hair. Do you think I should skip washing it altogether since it'll just smell nasty by tonight anyway, or do you think I should go ahead and wash my hair tonight so it looks a little better and re-wash tomorrow? This may seem like a simple question but I've been over here thinking about it for the past 2 hours! Thanks in advance. :)
Hello :wave:

First I must say you and your hair are lovely. I think that you should was and flat iron your hair tonight. If you wash your hair tomorrow why not rollerset instead of flat ironing. Have you tried pin curls? I just did a pincurl set and I like it, its fast and easy and I bet it'll look so nice on you. Hopefully some other ladies can help you out a little better.:)

You're probably already getting ready, but just as a note: I am sitting under the dryer now, about to go to a smoke-filled bar. I ALWAYS wash my hair before I go out, even tho it's usually going to stink the next day. Why? Because the point of going out, to me, is to look cute and maybe meet some cute dude. Or not. But I'd rather look nice when I'm out and about than be cute at home or at work when no one is paying as much attention.

Back