going on vacation

amber212

Hi guys I'm going on vacation next week to Puerto Rico and I'm thinking about putting a weave in my hair, the only thing is I want it to be like curly/wavy, but not fake looking. You know what I mean? Not too shiny and stuff, what kind of hair should I get? I want it to be sort of a soft round curl, like romantic type
lachen70.gif
if that makes any sense at all. But then I don't want it to be one of those things where it frizzes out in the Puerto Rican Humidity. I can't be looking like who dun it and ran
shocked.gif

thanks to you, I'm not really that new I had to change my screen name~lol, uumm but I still don't know what bump means..lol could someone tell me

ooops...
laugh.gif
Bumping a topic means to bring it back up to the main board when it gets lost among the other posts.

I have had weaves in the past. I used the Janet collection 100% human hair. It blended with my real hair nicely. I would recommend it if you are only going to leave it in for a short amount of time. This brand of hair tends to shed a lot after 2 weeks or so. I never wore the wavy texture...I wore the Yaky...because at the time my hair was relaxed.

Hey, what about a "fall"? That is a good alternative, yet not as committing as a weave. I had a fall (half-wig) that was a curly instant weave (I forgot the name of that one
scratchchin.gif
) but it was so cute. I just kept only a small portion of the front and sides of my hair out and wet my own hair (the part left out) and then put Elasta QP Foam (which made my 4B hair curly
shocked.gif
) in it and it blended beautifully!
weird.gif
That was like a5 minute hairstyle, and that way if you want to do a ponytail or something later on in the evening, you could just take that out and slick your hair back!
king.gif
Ok, maybe you REALLY want a weave, so this might not for you but I thought I'd give you a nice vacation alternative! Enjoy your trip!
beach.gif
beach.gif

I agree about the fall. Sensationnel falls are really nice as far as the hair, it doesn't tangle or anything like that. Their deep wave weave is a different story though.
laugh.gif

But I'd definitely go with the instant weave, so that way, if you get too hot or wanna wash your hair, you can take that joker right off.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bollyhair said:
Hey, what about a "fall"? That is a good alternative, yet not as committing as a weave. I had a fall (half-wig) that was a curly instant weave (I forgot the name of that one
scratchchin.gif
) but it was so cute. I just kept only a small portion of the front and sides of my hair out and wet my own hair (the part left out) and then put Elasta QP Foam (which made my 4B hair curly
shocked.gif
) in it and it blended beautifully!
weird.gif
That was like a5 minute hairstyle, and that way if you want to do a ponytail or something later on in the evening, you could just take that out and slick your hair back!
king.gif
Ok, maybe you REALLY want a weave, so this might not for you but I thought I'd give you a nice vacation alternative! Enjoy your trip!
beach.gif
beach.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
That's exactly what I'm looking for but
I haven't had much success
frown.gif

Do you have a picture of the curly fall? and was it
human hair?

Thanks

If you're planning on getting in the water I wouldn't suggest a weave (b/c of tangles) and I'm not sure how secure you'll feel in a fall. Have you thought of getting braids instead? Just a suggestion, I have nothing against weaves...I just want you to be comfortable and not afraid of water on your vacation.

I thought of every single option and still can't come up with anything, I had braids last time and they didn't agree with the sand and the heat and it was just bad. now I'm thinking a weave, I want it curly but my own relaxed hair has a problem with curling up lol! so I might have to go with just a straight one. I don't know, we'll see. thanks guys for all the help.

Back