Going In His Car On The Second, But First Real Date?

vevster

A friend of mine met a guy in the elevator at work. They went to lunch and next week is their first dinner date.

He is picking her up at her SIL's house. I advised her to take her own car.

He said he wanted to surprise her with his choice of restaurant.

I said surprises are from guys you know already.

Last edited:
Does he work in the same building where lots of people know him? If so, one of them needs to know about the date. That's more info then I'd typically share with a coworker but somebody needs to be able to put eyes and hands on him if she comes up missing.

I used to do this until I had a stalker who seemed normal years ago My rule is to meet them everywhere until you feel comfy letting them in your house & always have a bff call you 20 mins later.

ETA: If she has an iPhone, simply ask her to share her location with you or a couple friends the entire time, so if she's somewhere way out, someone will know. And she can share his IG or FB page.

ETA again: I do conceal carry tho, so I felt I could handle anything if needbe.

Last edited:
I'm assuming that the SIL is tagging along in a similar fashion;

when-your-best-friend-wants-to-make-sure-your-first-14700080.png

I used to do this until I had a stalker who seemed normal years ago My rule is to meet them everywhere until you feel comfy letting them in your house & always have a bff call you 20 mins later.

ETA: If she has an iPhone, simply ask her to share her location with you or a couple friends the entire time, so if she's somewhere way out, someone will know. And she can share his IG or FB page.

ETA again: I do conceal carry tho, so I felt I could handle anything if needbe.

The iPhone suggestion is a good one in addition to taking her own car.

Back