Going for a consulation tommorrow

morehairplease

for either a texturizer or relaxer(haven't decided which yet) and wanted to know what questions should I ask? The salon uses Design Essentials haircare products, which is great b/c I want to use either the lo-lye or the time release special relaxer for either the texturizer or the relaxer. I have started to write down my 'hair concerns' and my 'hair goals' and so far have the following:

hair concerns
-velcour ends
-home maintanence of both(I am asking this to see if she tries to push the the purchase of DE products or not)
-frequcency of application(I wanted to ask this to see what her response would be b/c I plan on stretching for 3 months if not longer)
-process of application for both esp. the texturizer b/c I want a slightly looseen curl pattern not bone straight if I choose to go the texturizer route.

hair goals
-health then growth(goal of BSL)

Ladies is there anything else that I should ask or look for when I go tommorrow morning?

tia,
tishee

All I can say is good luck. I had good stylists as a permie and bad ones. I take pretty good care of my hair, myself. I can't trim yet but in terms of keeping it healthy, I got that covered. I hate to see you leave the natural realm, but you gotta do you. Again, good luck. I wish you all of the best.

Underwraps on Mt. Moriah. Have you ever been there? What salon did you frequent when you were relaxed?

I went to LaVogue on Madison. My stylist was great, but always late. Towards the end of my relaxed era, I went to a fantastic stylist/colorist by the name of Nikki at Regis in the Wolfchase Mall. I would go back to her now, but she is one of those people who will call you out if you walk up in her salon with 1 split end :nono:

She was brutally honest, but the girl knew a lot about hair and hooked me up. She's always booked though. I do my own hair now anyway :look:

Back