Going back ....

inthepink

I stopped using Carol's Daughter products for the most part earlier this year. Now, I'm going back. My hair was the healthiest when I was using Healthy Hair Butter and Hair Milk consistently when I washed my hair. Then I stopped using it and tried other products hoping for the same effect. I haven't gotten them. Gel did nothing but dry out my hair. Creamy moisturizers did nothing but dry out my hair. It seems that Carol's Daughter is the only solution. So, I placed my order for the small sizes of Healthy Hair Butter and Hair Milk to test my theory.

Anyone else going back to a product they moved away from only to find there's no comparison?

I've had an off and on again affair with CD Healthy Hair Butter for years now. I'll think I found a great replacement (EQP Mango butter, kids organics shea butter lotion, the list goes on) but eventually my hair dries out like the sahara. I finally found an virgin shea butter which my hair drinks up (it even has a similar texture/color to HHB) and keeps me moisturized for days at a time without having to reapply it. It's been a few months now but I still keep some HHB for old times sake /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I really don;t understand why Carol's Daughter is so popular. The ingredients are mostly essential oils, aren't those available cheaper elsewhere?

I love love love HHB!!!

For me, it's cheaper to just buy it and pay shipping, 'cause by the time I buy all of the needed products, I"m out the same amount of money or more, I think.

blacktresses - my concotions tended to work the same way but overall, I don't feel like I got the exact same benefits after months of use. Generally, my hair looked the same daily...but I realized my hair wasn't as silky or shiny or as healthy-looking as when I was using CD products.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else going back to a product they moved away from only to find there's no comparison?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aubrey Organics JAY shampoo and GPB conditioner.

[ QUOTE ]
blacktresses - my concotions tended to work the same way but overall, I don't feel like I got the exact same benefits after months of use. Generally, my hair looked the same daily...but I realized my hair wasn't as silky or shiny or as healthy-looking as when I was using CD products.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you started this post, Hairlove. I was just about to ask you what products you are now using.

I'm in a similiar boat as you. I really did/do like the results of CD's Hair Milk. So much that I tried to duplicate the recipe but use coconut oil (since I LOVE that oil) instead of corn oil. The results were fine but over a period of time I didn't get the silkiness/shine. I've just settled with the fact that I will use the Hair milk and sometimes mix a bit of coconut oil in my hand with it.

I never really had any luck with the Hair Butter. How do you use it in conjuction with the Hair Milk?

I plan on using the HHB to smooth my hair daily instead of the shealoe butter recipe that I had been using. When I used HHB for this before, my hair was shiny and healthy. Without using it, my front has gotten dry and unhealthy looking. We'll see if it makes a difference. The hair milk, I plan to use on my nape & front at night and occassionally all over. When I did this before, my hair was supersilky!

Oh! When I saw "Going back" as your subject, I thought u were going to say "going back....to relaxing!" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keep taking good care of your natural hair! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Oh! When I saw "Going back" as your subject, I thought u were going to say "going back....to relaxing!" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keep taking good care of your natural hair! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...no way!!

Funny you posted this. I was debating on whether to go back to the HHB for my daughter. It seems that this is the only product that will work on the sahara dry, quarter sized area in the back of her head. Wildgrowth doesn't even do the trick but works well everywhere else. I have a big jar with about 1/4 of it left and I'm using it sparingly. I was even thinking about trying out your recipe. Hmm...I think I will do that first to see what happens.

I think a superior alternative to Carol's Daughter is Asha's Mane Attraction. There are quite a few threads on nappturality.com that rave about it. I recently bought it and the sunkissed and I have to say that it is the best thing I have ever come across. Asha actually used to post on here, I think her user-name was Seoul or something like that. Anyway, you might consider checking it out. www.ashasnaturals.com. I have come to love this stuff.

Hmmm...how about going back...leaving...and going back again? /images/graemlins/smile.gif I had left CD's Hair Milk because my relaxed hair didn't like it. Then...I re-discovered it as a transitioner in August. When I saw the recent increase in price on her website...I left it again. I thought maybe I could find a cheaper alternative for it...but I haven't yet. I think in the end...I'm going to end up eating my own words...and go back to it. On a positive note...I found a cheaper replacement for Kizzy (Asha's Sunkissed). It's a lot lighter than kizzy...and has a more attractive price. Stryed is right...Asha's Sunkissed is good stuff! /images/graemlins/up.gif

Back