Going back to relaxer need help from relaxed heads

ShashaUK

Hello ladies

I'm a newbie and have only posted once before. I am very grateful to you all for all the info I've got from you.

I need help from all those who relax. I am currently natural have been so for 2 1/2 years and have decided to go back to relaxing. I've spoken to my hairdresser and have an appointment on 16 May. She will be using Affirm Fibreguard. At the moment I wash 2 x weekly. Deep condition with cholesterol 1 x weekly and moisturise daily. My hair is still very dry but is not breaking thanks to a few treatments with Motions CPR.

I want my hair to be in 1st class condition before relaxing. Is there anything else I need to do before the big day or is all of the above OK?

I notice you all do protein treatments after relaxing. How long after do I do this and what with?

Thanks
ShaShaUK

Thanks
ShaShaUK

Thanks for replying kitsz - I'm going back to relaxing because I've had enough of twists, twist outs, braids etc and the hair at my nape is still broken despite no chemicals for three years.
ShashaUK

I know it can be difficult sometimes being natural...I have been for about 5 years, and I think once I reach my hair goal(bra strap length), I am going to get a relaxer too. I have embraced my hair how it is now, and i like it, but I love having straight and sleek hair, and not having to put that much effort into getting it. In the beginning when I was natural, I was still flat ironing my hair ALL THE TIME, and I realized what is the point of being natural if I am not trying to show it?
Well, good luck with your relaxer, and let us know how it turns out!!!

Honey. Thank you for replying and for your support.

I agree with you - I too love my natural hair BUT it takes a lot of time and effort. Sometimes I just want to smooth it back into pony tail and even though I have 12 inches of hair in the longest part it looks tiny - I'm now ready for a change.

Good luck with achieving your hair goal.

ShashaUK

Many suggest an intense protein conditioner every six weeks (like Aphoghee or Emergencee). One a few days after the relaxer (followed with a good moisturizing conditioner of course) then one six weeks after that.
Other than that I think its pretty much the same, (hot oil treatments, seamless combs, silk/satin bonnets and pillocases, conditioner washes, periodic clarifying shampoos, infrequent trims) although you may need to find different products to work with your relaxed hair.

Back