Going Back To Relaxed Hair

jamaicasmodona

Hi ladies,

So, I've decided to pull the plug on trying to be natural and will relax and cut my hair tomorrow.

My question is, is it okay for me to rub my roots/hair with JBCO tonight? Would me doing this affect my perm..

Some background: I've been weaving my hair for the past year basically. My last relaxer was in October. I've been going to the Dominicans to straighten my roots, but it's not working for me anymore.

With relaxing again, I plan to stretch as long as possible. Limiting myself to 2-3 relaxers per year.

TIA

i undid my locs before i got a relaxer and nothing happened. i recently just washed my hair hours before i got a touch up. as long as you don't have a sensitive scalp, or you base really good, you should be cool!

good luck and welcome back to the relaxed side!

jamaicasmodona

The JBCO might affect the desired process of the relaxer. Meaning, your hair may come out under processed. If you don't not want bone straight results, then use the oil, but if you desire straighter results, just leave the roots bare.

Be sure to give yourself a good protein treatment before relaxing and protect them ends.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

jamaicasmodona

The JBCO might affect the desired process of the relaxer. Meaning, your hair may come out under processed. If you don't not want bone straight results, then use the oil, but if you desire straighter results, just leave the roots bare.

Be sure to give yourself a good protein treatment before relaxing and protect them ends.

Saludable84, what kind of protein treatment would you recommend??

It depends. You should at least a medium treatment. Something along the line of ORS replenishing conditioner that will just add some strength to the hair before a chemical treatment.

i undid my locs before i got a relaxer and nothing happened. i recently just washed my hair hours before i got a touch up. as long as you don't have a sensitive scalp, or you base really good, you should be cool!

shortdub78, thanks.. :grin: I'm excited about it.. I must say, my hair was at it's strongest when I was relaxed.

My scalp is very sensitive, therefore, washing wouldn't be an option for me.

Going back to the relaxed side soon too and i really am a bit fearful too i just hope this time around will be much better than the last. I have APL natural hair and i am anticipating the length it will be when i eventually relax.

I am working on getting it back to an almost perfect healthy state now.

I wouldn't "rub" my roots with anything. Or shampoo. A deep conditioner with protein done the week prior to strengthen would be a plus. But not the DAY prior.

I would suggest doing a protein conditioner after you rinse VERY WELL and either before or after you neutralize.

Thanks ladies.. So i relaxed and cut my hair yesterday and i love it!!! My hairdresser did an excellent job. I deep conditioned and she used another conditioner to bring out the highlights i had. Im still getting use to it since i've never had my hair this short before. I'll take some pics and post as soon as i can get some giid pics.

Thanks ladies!!

Sent from my Galaxy S II using LHCF

Thanks ladies.. So i relaxed and cut my hair yesterday and i love it!!! My hairdresser did an excellent job. I deep conditioned and she used another conditioner to bring out the highlights i had. Im still getting use to it since i've never had my hair this short before. I'll take some pics and post as soon as i can get some giid pics.

Thanks ladies!!

Can't wait to see it

Here are some pics i took this morning. I didnt really style it because its hot as hell and didnt really feel like it. I combed it back and "tried" to make a mohawk. Lol..

Im doing it from my phone, so please forgive me if it comes out upside down!!!

ForumRunner_20130618_091309.jpg

ForumRunner_20130618_091320.jpg

ForumRunner_20130618_091341.jpg

Last edited:
Quick question, if i wanted to make the top of my hair curly, what kind of procduct if any would i have to use. If I wet it, it would just be straight, but if i wanted to give it like a wet curly look, how can i do that??

TIA

I too picked out my locks. About almost 3 months b4 relaxing. I loved my natural hair i first went natural in 2003 but i texlaxed at one point and started over again in 2008 so i was natural for 5 years straight. During the last 10 years i have learned so much more about hair care I know see where we/I went wrong in caring for my relaxes hair as a child/teen/young adult. I currently have BSL hair but i want it to thicken up a bit and get a little healthier. I think its still recovering from removing my locks and even the breakage that occurs with having locks.

I am seriously contemplating relaxing my hair. I'am 16 mos natural and over 1 1/2 yrs post relaxer. I feel guilty for going back but my expectations with natural hair did not realize.

I am seriously contemplating relaxing my hair. I'am 16 mos natural and over 1 1/2 yrs post relaxer. I feel guilty for going back but my expectations with natural hair did not realize.

I am in no way against natural hair. But I have had it before and I know my hair is hell on wheels. When my sister went natural, I was happy for her and happier she didn't push me, but now that styling is a major time buster for her, only to have her hair revert in a matter of seconds, this is the reason I don't bother.

My shortest wash day is 4 hours. Enough said.

You always have support here if you make that decision.

Quick question, if i wanted to make the top of my hair curly, what kind of procduct if any would i have to use. If I wet it, it would just be straight, but if i wanted to give it like a wet curly look, how can i do that??

TIA

Try scrunching it while wet with some Eco styler gel.

If its relaxed bone straight it might not curl though.....

Back