GNC Women's Hair, Skin & Nails Formula

Norma15

GNC Women\'s Hair, Skin & Nails Formula

Hey ladies Hope you had a wonderful weekend
wave.gif

well who here has tried GNC Women's Hair, Skin & Nails Formula and is it good and did you have good result with it thanks
Norma

Re: GNC Women\'s Hair, Skin & Nails Formula

I've been taking this vitamin for about 6 months total and I think it is a good vitamin. In combination with other vitamins, I think it leads to stronger, healthier hair growth AND nail growth, too!

Re: GNC Women\'s Hair, Skin & Nails Formula

I was taking this and got great results. But the PJ in me picked up this other hair, skin and nail vitiman that was right next to it on the self because of the higher boitin content 3000mgs. When these run out I will be switching back and forth between the two they seem to be really good.

My situation is a little different. I have acne prone skin, but in the past couple months I've managed to clear my skin up completely and I was only dealing with the blemishes. After reading reviews on this product I went out and bought it in hopes that it would maintain the health and clarity of my skin as well as aid in hair growth. So I started taking this vitamin maybe 2 weeks ago and within 2 days my chin broke out in bumps and I had a a cystic pimple about an inch and a half below my left eye. I figured maybe it's just the detox phase and I'll soldier it out, but the more I took it, the faster bumps would pop up.

Now I drink 12-14 cups of water a day simply because my body craves it and I've got a moderately active lifestyle so it's necessary, and being that I'm trying to drop a couple months, my diet game is pretty good. So I've decided (like just last night) to forgo these vitamins. I guess the biotin didn't totally agree with me even though I already take vitamin C, Women's One A Day, Omega 3/6/9 and Vitamin E. I was hoping that the B vitamin content in my multi-vitamin would suffice, but apparently not.

I've ordered Country Life's 5mg Biotin, B-100 (balanced b complex) and the Maxi Hair vitamins from vitacost.com. What I intended to do is start taking the B complex immediately and then slowly phase in the biotin ( 2 pills week 1, 3 pills week 2, and then one a day after that) and see how that goes. If everything is going alright, then I might toss in the maxi hair- but like I said, it truly depends on whether I can consume biotin+ my other vitamins without the bumps on my chin.

Like many women on here have suggested countless times, take a B complex vitamin just to be safe as well as vitamin C. Once you've got that going you can sub in other vitamins if necessary but do not take biotin alone even if you don't have acne prone skin.

OH btw, what I did notice is that it made my skin a little oilier than usual. Not cool, especially in the summer months.

Also- My over zealous self started taking 2 pills daily and then the following week I upped it to 3- definitely wasn't a smart move. I'm not going to discourage you from using this as everyone responds differently but do make sure to phase it in as well as pair it with the other vitamins I mentioned above (b complex etc..)

Last edited:
I've been taking them for a few months along with b complex and haven't experienced any problems...that is, since I added B complex. I, too have very oily, acne prone skin and have not had any breakouts:grin:. My results have been strengthened nails and hair as well as decent growth.

I took these and I will NEVER do it again! Maybe the Biotin in them was too much for me or something, but after about one month my scalp itched like crazy! I even had a crawling feeling sometimes! I mean I was literally pulling my hair out. My crown area suffered really bad. This caused part of my set back on my hair journey. It took another month to get them out of my system.

I can't wait until the next hair meetup. This is one of the things I'm giving away!

i take these and they have been working great. I also take an extra biotin (5000) and a b complex pill. I like this beer than the Ultra Nourish. The HSN pills are smaller and i have less breakouts. The B complex also helps alot!

Back