Glycerin

elite_chiq

I have being using pure glycerin. Is there any problem with this? cos i rather use pure glycerin rather than a xtra added uneeded products. I really like it. Does it break down the hair, is there anything i need to know or should be warned bout? thx in advance

Yes pure glycerine has a drying effect on hair which can lead to breakage. I'm not to sure what proportions of glycerine to water you should use to get the moisturising effect.

Curl activator works fine and has glycerin and water. Some like s-curl, some like world of curls. (But make sure it's the curl activator and not the gel which has the hardening effect)

I use glycerin also, but I mix it equally: 2 parts glycerin, 1 part water and sometimes 1 part leave-in conditioner. So if you use 4 ounces of glycerin mix it with 2 ounces of water or leave-in.

I mix glycerin in a spray bottle with water. I use a ratio of no more than 1:3 of glcyerin:water. Using more glycerin than that makes my hair feel sticky. I've also started adding water to the last bit of conditioner (Elucence)in my bottle and pouring that into the spray bottle. No wasting here!

I mix glycerin with leave in conditioner and water in a spray bottle. If you have a body wash or conditioner that doesn't lather that well, add a little glycerin and you'll be in lather heaven.

Back