Glycerin and Flat-Ironing?

keluric

Have any natural (or otherwise) ladies out there ever tried mixing a little glycerin with oil and applying it to the hair before flat-ironing? I got this idea but I can't decide if it's a good one or not.. I don't want to burn my hair off or something..:perplexed

It does not sound like a good mixture to me, but if my mother can use mineral oil and a curling iron and have BSL hair, anythings possible.

I have pure glycerin. Ok, maybe it's a crazy idea.. I was thinking a little castor, a little glycerin and maybe mix it with some kind of hair cream I have around here for consistency.

I usually mix my glycerin with my leave-in, oils and water.

My main concern was that the glycerin might burn.. I don't know why I thought that.. I'm going to do some research.

A lot of these flat-iron products have glycerin in them.. maybe if I did a glycerin/water mix then added oil.. does anyone use a watery product when flat-ironing?

I don't think it would be a good idea to use glycerin to flat iron because glycerin draws moisture from the air. That would defeat the whole purpose.

angellazette said:
I don't think it would be a good idea to use glycerin to flat iron because glycerin draws moisture from the air. That would defeat the whole purpose.

Ah! I didn't think of that. Ok, back to the "Best Flat-Ironing Product" thread.

Back