Glorified Box Perm $29.99 White Women Ya'll are being bamboozled!

Falon

Glorified Box Perm $29.99 White Women Ya\'ll are being bamboozled!

I was in Duane Reade Last night trying to get a fix for my PJ'ism. Of course you know how these chain stores are always segregating out hair care products. The "non-ethnic" hair care products have a full aisle and the "ethnic" (let's call them what they really are black) hair care products are in a corner somewhere as usual.

But anyway, there I was in the non-ethnic hair care aisle and I saw this relaxer....and I was like WTH? How is this relaxer any different from some regular old Dark N Lovely? Ummmm....It's not.

It's just some glorified box perm being marketed to white women who cringe at the thought of needing a "relaxer" like black people. So they don't call it that...It's not a relaxer it's a Hair Straightening System" Oh, I see well that IS totally different from a relaxer. /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

http://www.easystraight.com/main.htm

Re: Glorified Box Perm $29.99 White Woman Ya\'ll are being bamboozled!

the site's faq section is a little interesting...

question #22 was answered in ignorance, imho.

That stuff is EVIL!! There is some lawsuit against them because of people's hair coming out after using it.. there is a girl I know on makeupalley's board that lost alot of hair because of that stuff..

I was this in JC Penny's salon for a little while. Must not be too good!

No wonder. Did you see the steps??? This is a thio product and no neutralizer is used in the steps. They only instruct the user to shampoo and condition. /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

The FAQ section is troubling also. Number 9 asks the question about what your hair will look like when it grows in. The answer was that it will grow in naturally curly...which I agree but then they go on to say that the rest of the hair will be changing to it's natural curly state so that the newgrowth will blend in with the rest of the hair. /images/graemlins/huh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Honi said:
No wonder. Did you see the steps??? This is a thio product and no neutralizer is used in the steps. They only instruct the user to shampoo and condition. /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

The FAQ section is troubling also. Number 9 asks the question about what your hair will look like when it grows in. The answer was that it will grow in naturally curly...which I agree but then they go on to say that the rest of the hair will be changing to it's natural curly state so that the newgrowth will blend in with the rest of the hair. /images/graemlins/huh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/huh.gif /images/graemlins/huh.gif /images/graemlins/huh.gif /images/graemlins/huh.gif

I heard that this company was in the process of being sued also. Plus it doesn't sound any different from the Curl Remover that you can get much cheaper at Sally's.

hey that was funny. that is funnnnnnnny. some "pink toes" will do anything not to resemble ethnic people. Oh well

[ QUOTE ]
ladylibra_30 said:
question #22 was answered in ignorance, imho.

[/ QUOTE ]

It most certainly was. It was almost like the answer was really saying, "No, stay away from our product, you have your own!" /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Hmm thio based huh? I think I'm gonna go get a few and try it on my weaves.

Back