Giving the ladies of LHCF their 2008 props...

snillohsss

I don't post.. I mostly lurk...but I wanted to give you ladies the props you deserve.

First..let me say this is the very first time in my entire LIFE that I actually can say I love my OWN hair.

See.. I was a weave wearer. I would pay whatever I had to pay for the top of the line weave(Im talking hundreds and thousands a pop per hair appointment)...and I didn't think twice about my own hair. When I initially got my sew in.. I got it so I could grow my hair out, but I began to rely on my weave..and to wear my own hair was just, well it wasn't something I even thought about. I was the one who (before I started to get sew-ins..) would have glued hair on because that is the only way I thought one could achieve length.

My husband HATES fake hair of any kind. So I took my sew in out....after 3+ years, (when I got it.. I had 2 inches of hair...and now my hair is just below shoulder length) to make him happy.

When I took it out, I started to visit LHCF. I learned about caring for my own natural hair...finding a regimen...and encouraging growth. (sealing the ends...I mean..that was something I never even KNEW about!)

As one who LOVED weave..paying $500 - $1000 (for custom weave) for the best curly weave on the market... I now LOOOVEEEE my braid outs....and that is all thanks to you ladies who share what works..what doesn't work...how to grow black hair.

I just wanted to say thanks. I know the majority might read, and blow past this post, but I wanted to let you ladies know that you introduce a lot of woman to a world that just didn't seem possible. I know feel you know how much you help those who post...but the lurkers.. you have help us so much. My hair has never been shoulder length...ever...now I know my hair will be BSL by the end of 09.

Keep sharing, because it helps so much.

I understand where you are coming from. When you now know your own hair can grow longer than the weave you used to wear, it's a wonderful thing! So liberating! Happy hair growing!

Back