Give thanks and praises (V05 and wet buns)

G

I am so happy w/the results of conditioner washing every other day w/V05 and putting my hair back in a wet bun. This morning in the shower, when I was rinsing my hair straight back, it felt like it was at the top of where "brastrap" length would be! I haven't been doing much at all w/my hair, just conditioner, water, oil and buns! All I have to say is, it's working. I think that keeping the hair constantly moisturized is the key to healthy hair growth.

I'm glad it's working for you. I am still loving my wet bun.
smile.gif

I look kinda severe with the wet bun.
dork.gif
The S-curl makes it slippery to do -- may try a braided bun later. The waves and ringlets I get when I take the bun down are OK. I've posted such a pic in my album.

[ QUOTE ]
I look kinda severe with the wet bun.
dork.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I'm not diggin the idea of wearing my hair in a bun every day...
nono.gif

Caramela, I never did a Conditioner Wash before, but Saturday in Walmart I sniff all the VO5 and could not make up my mind which to try, I think the kiwi I might give a try , Now do you do it just like your using a shampoo (lather, rinse) or what.

And the bun is it with a ponytail holder (scrunchie) or without. Do you leave it in the bun til wash time again or just until dry.

Sorry for all the questions but I seriously want to give this a try

Thanks

Megonw,

Your hair comes out looking real cute when you take it down after airdrying in a bun!!!! Love those ringlets!!!
smile.gif
Was your bun twisted/braided??

It's not a twist or braidout. I just put the LUST, S-curl, and Profectiv BreakFree on soaking wet hair in the shower. Then I do a low ponytail using an ouchless hair elastic. I wound the wet hair around the base of the ponytail as straight as I could keept it, but had to secure it with ANOTHER elastic on the outside of the bun. Wore the bun for 2 days til it fell down. (
naughty.gif
Someone's not very good at this...) When I tossed my head, the curls kinda separated.

I rinse it first in the shower, then apply the conditioner, rinse, apply again and do a final rinse. I detangle w/a wide tooth comb, apply shae butter oil and put it back w/an ouchless band, wrap the length around the band and put another larger band over the bun to secure it. I let it airdry partially, but it's damp when I wet it again, which is normally every other day. And I use either the split ends control or the balsam & protein V05.

Praise God! Your hair looks great anyway, it can only get more beautiful!

Moisture is the key! I grew my hair out years ago keeping it moist and by the grace of God will do it again :)!

OK I did it my first CO wash. It's in the bun as we speak. I don't think i put the pony in tight enough though cause it's crawlin and frizzin a bit at the top.

I used some pantene conditioner we had left (the last I'll buy of that) going to get VO5 tomorrow yay.

I rinsed put on the conditioner, rinsed and did it again, just like Carmela said. Did a final rinse with distilled. Put a oil moisturizer on and put in the bun.

We'll see how it comes out in the morning !

I think I'm joining this bandwagon a couple of times a week now since I finally figured out how to do a bun and I am loving V05 Strawberries and Cream. I'm finding I need to wash every other day instead of every 3-4 days! So excited that the bun is something I can with my hair while it's wet! Yay for wet buns!

Is it better to use the ouchless band rather than a scrunchie for wet buns? Is there any danger of breaking off my hair with the ouchless band or getting it too tight? I'm finding that my scrunchies don't get tight enough because there is some poufiness as the bun is drying. And I think I must slick my hair down better too. I want to love my wet buns too but I need to get it right.

I'm not the expert, but the method I follow has me using two ouchless bands (one to make the ponytail and one to make the bun over the donut thingy - sounds like most people here are using just their hair and no donut though). Using a scrunchie is optional at the end for covering.

i love wearing a bun too. i know a lot of people think it's boring but i love that style. with a nice part it can look really elegant and sophisticated. and it's the best for you hair on top of that.

I agree, NAY. When I first started wearing my hair up, I thought I looked boring, too. But it's all how you dress it up! A few cute bobby pins and a part can make all the difference!

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not the expert, but the method I follow has me using two ouchless bands (one to make the ponytail and one to make the bun over the donut thingy - sounds like most people here are using just their hair and no donut though). Using a scrunchie is optional at the end for covering.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Hairlove! I think I'll go and get some ouchless bands today. And I saw your hair albums - your hair is so beautiful (you are also!)!
notworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It's not a twist or braidout. I just put the LUST, S-curl, and Profectiv BreakFree on soaking wet hair in the shower. Then I do a low ponytail using an ouchless hair elastic. I wound the wet hair around the base of the ponytail as straight as I could keept it, but had to secure it with ANOTHER elastic on the outside of the bun. Wore the bun for 2 days til it fell down. (
naughty.gif
Someone's not very good at this...) When I tossed my head, the curls kinda separated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meg
Do you comb your hair before putting it in a bun? How does it get so wavy/curly?

I comb it soaking wet in the shower with the L'oreal unfrizz smoothing treatment & a shower comb. (LUST is my leave in.) The BreakFree goes on just the ends. I put serum on both palms and smooth from hairline to crown as I gather it up in the bun.

I wind the bun in a circular motion around the base of the ponytail and secure the bun with 2 Good Hair Days hairpins. (Holds better than 2 elastics I used before.)

If I leave it in the bun drying a whole day and take it down the next day, it's only slightly DAMP where the bun was thickest. No more combing, just shake and go. It dries like the picture.

If I leave it in the bun til ALL the hair is COMPLETELY dry, the curls don't settle as nicely. Might as well not wear it down at all til the next CO wash...

HTH,
Meg

I tried the V05 spple shampoo and the pina colada conditioenr this weekend. I did not the like the shampoo very much because the lather was rather weak. I was quite impressed with the conditioner though, I must say.

[ QUOTE ]
I tried the V05 spple shampoo and the pina colada conditioenr this weekend. I did not the like the shampoo very much because the lather was rather weak. I was quite impressed with the conditioner though, I must say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you notice the smell is short lived or is it just the kind I use. I use the Kiwi/Lime it not real strong smelly but after my hair dries i really have to put the hair to my nose to smell it.
19.gif

Actually, it didn't give my hair much of a smell. It smelled okay in the bottle, but make my hair smell
shocked.gif
. That's why I like Salon Selectives Drenched.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love this stuff. I actually have some in a spray bottle mixed with distilled water and evoo. I use it thru out the day or whenever my hair feels dry.

I have about 10 bottles in my linen closet. The Pina Colada fragrance is divine.

You know I can't find all of the flavors here in NYC.....
frown.gif

Anyone know where I can get the Pina Colada and Bluberry in NY? Manhattan to be exact...
look.gif

Back