Giovanni Users? Difference Between Products/New Names?

Which Giovanni product have you tried?

• I've used Giovanni 50/50 Remoisturiser and it was good to my hair.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've used Giovanni 50/50 Remoisturiser and don't like it.

• I've used Giovanni 50/50 Remoisturiser and it was bad to my hair.

• I've used Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner and it's a bad product.

• I've used Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner and :thumbs down:

• I've used Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hair Remoisturizer and :thumbs down:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vkb247

Have they added new products to the Giovanni line or just changed some names?

I had a bottle of Giovanni 50/50 conditioner that I loved and then it was sold out of the stores here for awhile. I saw it again a few days ago and I saw these new ones too.

This is the one I have used. I thought it was a conditioner but used it mostly as a leave-in :lick:. Is it a leave-in?

Giovanni 50/50 Remoisturiser
ial6044_giovanni_50_50_remoisturiser.jpg

This is the Smooth as Silk Conditioner I saw. I didn't buy it at first because it wasn't as moisturizing as the 50/50 according to that scale on the back.

Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner
vitamaker_2038_1322516144.jpg

But this time I also saw these two products that I hadn't seen before:
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deep Moisture Conditioner
aHR0cDovL2ltYWdlcy5paGVyYi5jb20vR0lPLTAyMDA4LWwuanBn==.jpg

Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Calming Conditioner
GIO-04008-l.jpg

With these two the Smooth as Silk was more moisturizing than the 50/50 according to the scale on the bottle. So am I late? Have all of these been around for awhile?

Which ones have you used? How did they work for you? Which is the best? These products cost almost $11.00 here and I need to make sure I get the most moisturizing one I can use as a leave-in. TIA

How do I edit my poll? :perplexed

Last edited:
I've never seen the last 2, however, I buy my product online b/c our stores here don't carry the Giovanni line so I may have overlooked it since I don't really look through all the product, just look for the 3 that I typically use.

now I'm fairly new to the Giovanni bandwagon but now with my TWA I love the Direct Leave-In, and I co-wash sometimes with the 50:50 Balanced remoisturizer. when I was transitioning I used the 50:50 Shampoo and my hair loved it...but now that I'm natural, my hair kinda feels dry? after I tried it. but I'm gonna try again b/c I've only used it once since being natural.

I have tried:

Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deep Moisture Conditioner
Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Calming Conditioner

I use for my cowashes. I add olive and grapeseed oil to it..I like the smell and it helps with detangling. Goes on smooth on my dry hair and my hair is smooth after it dries
______
one of my staple DCs. Love it. Creamy texture and it smells citrus-y. The consistency is a lot less thicker than hydrating calm. For me, it really helps with detangling. My hair comes out moisturized everytime after I dc with this.
_______

Its okay.. I like the consistency its very thick and creamy so I dont have to use too much. but as soon as I use it, it makes my hair hard..and it just sits on my hair [wet or dry]. I use it for cowashes just to use it up [I bought 2 bottles..]. When rinsing it feels a little better..I cant really detangle with this product. but overall its just an okay product for my hair. I have to say though, when my hair dries its soft..and I love the subtle smell of it. Somewhat citrus-y with a little flower-y scent? a nice, light smell..still..I wont be buying this again.

Back