Giovanni Shampoos...If you are 100% natural...

Which product would you recommend in the Giovanni Line?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TwistNMx

Hey everyone! But especially those who are natural.
Can you tell me which shampoo works best for very dry hair because I'm looking for a natural alternative and the "Giovanni Smooth As Silk" really works out well for me. I had to dump the Aubrey stuff. Way too drying for my hair.
So, for Giovanni users could you please tell me which one works for your hair and why, and if it adds sufficient moisture.

1 - Giovanni 50-50 balanced (shampoo)
or
2 - Giovanni Smooth As Silk (shampoo)

Also, I noticed their magnetic line, but I'm not sure if it works out for dry hair.

What I've found since I've been natural is that most shampoos leave my hair dry. With trail and error I've found my ONLY way to do my weekly shampoo is I MUST deep condition on dry hair first! Shampoo never touch my hair unless I deep condition first. I usually deep conditon on dry hair for about an hour or two then I lightly wet my hair (not to take the conditoner out but just to add some water) and then I apply shampoo to my roots only and rub. I only do this for one wash. Suds get to my ends of my hair when I rinse it all out... conditioner and shampoo. My hair is always moisturized and soft using this method no matter what shampoo I use. I've even been able to use Aubrey Orangics Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo using this method. Okay, I guess I need to answer your question... I like both of the Giovanni Shampoos you listed.. if I have to pick one it will be the 50-50 however, both leave my hair soft and moisturized... but I really think it has to do with the method of how I shampoo.

Last edited:
i havent used the giovanni shampoos but i love the smooth as silk conditioners. i use carols daughter tui shampoo and curls cream shampoo. they are both moisturizing and gentle. and i can get the carols daughter local so thats good. also i use wen cleansing conditioner.

I don't use shampoo, but I would recommend the Tea Tree Oil one. For awhile, I used it almost daily, and I loved how it felt on my scalp.

I like the tea tree treat one better than smooth one and i only used the magnetic power treatment which made my hair really soft. I'm going to try this 5050 one in a section and let you know what i think about that one

I personally did not like the tea tree oil version. It made my hair extremely dry, and I felt nothing on my scalp, as far as tingling. The smooth as silk shampoo is OK. I like the version of the conditioner. Very moisturizing. ACV washes are my favorite. Then follow it up with the smooth as silk conditioner. All natural...all good :yep:

I have a huge liter of the Smooth As Silk Shampoo, that I have yet to try. I guess I'll try it someday when I run out of my Elucence.

I personally did not like the tea tree oil version. It made my hair extremely dry, and I felt nothing on my scalp, as far as tingling. The smooth as silk shampoo is OK. I like the version of the conditioner. Very moisturizing. ACV washes are my favorite. Then follow it up with the smooth as silk conditioner. All natural...all good :yep:

But doesn't the ACV dry out or thin your hair? :blush:

I have a huge liter of the Smooth As Silk Shampoo, that I have yet to try. I guess I'll try it someday when I run out of my Elucence.

I will report back on this thread and let you all know my results on the Shampoo. They changed the formula on the Smooth as Silk Conditioner, but I wound up buying both the Smooth as Silk Shampoo and a new Smooth as Silk Conditioner.

Thank you everyone. I will be using it soon...probably in a few days. :yep:

But doesn't the ACV dry out or thin your hair? :blush:

No it doesn't. ACV cleanses without stripping the hair. It closes the cuticle, and is a great detangler. Then afterwards a moisture conditioner. There are alot of good threads about the benefits of ACV. I discovered it on this forum, and I love it. :yep:
BTW, I'm 100% natural

What I've found since I've been natural is that most shampoos leave my hair dry. With trail and error I've found my ONLY way to do my weekly shampoo is I MUST deep condition on dry hair first! Shampoo never touch my hair unless I deep condition first. I usually deep conditon on dry hair for about an hour or two then I lightly wet my hair (not to take the conditoner out but just to add some water) and then I apply shampoo to my roots only and rub. I only do this for one wash. Suds get to my ends of my hair when I rinse it all out... conditioner and shampoo. My hair is always moisturized and soft using this method no matter what shampoo I use. I've even been able to use Aubrey Orangics Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo using this method. Okay, I guess I need to answer your question... I like both of the Giovanni Shampoos you listed.. if I have to pick one it will be the 50-50 however, both leave my hair soft and moisturized... but I really think it has to do with the method of how I shampoo.

When you are doing you DC first are you using heat or not?

UPDATE::: Thanks everyone!
I'm in love with Giovanni "Smooth As Silk" (Deep Moisture Shampoo / Conditioner).
It forsakes all others. I'll never have to worry again. The shampoo doesn't dry out my hair either. :look:
SherryLove, thanks for your posts on this stuff. I've always admired your hair and now I know why it's so healthy. I know recently that you changed up, but I love this stuff. :yep:
716237180537.jpg

"My staple for life"

Back