Giovanni Direct Leave-In and SAA?

poookie

I mixed about a capful of Silk Amino Acids (got mine from lotion crafters), with about 5/6 of a bottle of giovanni direct leave-in.

i shook it up, and all of the sudden, the conditioner went from having a semi-viscous consistency, to the consistency of milk.

now it gives pretty good slip for a natural product, and makes my curlies pop like NO other conditioner can 8 weeks post relaxer.

however, i'm a little concerned about how thin the liquid's become. these tiny little bubbles have started to form, and haven't gone away since 3 days ago; the last time i shook the bottle up.

has this happened to anyone else?

Yes, I just did the exact same thing about a week and a half ago. I'm not sure if I like it though. It felt silky right after I put it in my hair but when my hair dried it looked frizzy around the edges. It felt soft but it didn't look soft if that makes any sense. I haven't tried it again -- went back to using my Wen conditioner. Do you think using a capful was too much?

Yes, I just did the exact same thing about a week and a half ago. I'm not sure if I like it though. It felt silky right after I put it in my hair but when my hair dried it looked frizzy around the edges. It felt soft but it didn't look soft if that makes any sense. I haven't tried it again -- went back to using my Wen conditioner. Do you think using a capful was too much?

I think the capful was just the right amount. The thing is, I think it's best suited for rollersets, instead of using as a leave-in, then blow-drying. (when dealing with relaxed hair).

how's the Wen conditioner, though? the commercials make me want it so badly!

Back