Giovanni and detangling

soslychic

How well does the Giovanni Direct Stay INdo at detangling? I use Nexxus Humectress and it leaves my hair very moisturized, but very tangled so I need a leave-in follow up that will detangle. Many suggsted the Nexxus Headress and said that it detangled. But first, I would like to try the Giovanni, so I was wondering how well it detangled.

[ QUOTE ]

How well does the Giovanni Direct Stay INdo at detangling? I use Nexxus Humectress and it leaves my hair very moisturized, but very tangled so I need a leave-in follow up that will detangle. Many suggsted the Nexxus Headress and said that it detangled. But first, I would like to try the Giovanni, so I was wondering how well it detangled.

[/ QUOTE ]

it detangles my hair very well.....
wink.gif

I just tried the Giovanni Direct leave in and I have to say that I wasn't very impressed. It went on well when my hair was wet, and yes it was good at detangling, but after I dried my hair it was very dry, hard and stiff. I know that others like this leave in, but its just not for my hair. You might like it though, and it IS good at detangling.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I just tried the Giovanni Direct leave in and I have to say that I wasn't very impressed. It went on well when my hair was wet, and yes it was good at detangling, but after I dried my hair it was very dry, hard and stiff. I know that others like this leave in, but its just not for my hair. You might like it though, and it IS good at detangling.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

is your hair natural or relaxed???

this is one of the few Giovanni products that didn't work for me. I am relaxed, and my hair adores the Giovanni magnetic line, but I dislike the direct leave-in for the reasons you described. It's sort of a disappointment, on par with my L'Anza Protein Plus shampoo disappointment. That stuff makes my hair hard as heck
frown.gif

OE

Guys remeber there is a Direct Leave in and a Direct Stay in. Sherrylove uses the Stay in so u ladies probably used the Leave IN. I tried the Vitamin shop in NY but they don't have any. Where can I get the Stay-in Sherrylove, i would prefer to not order online

[ QUOTE ]
Guys remeber there is a Direct Leave in and a Direct Stay in. Sherrylove uses the Stay in so u ladies probably used the Leave IN. I tried the Vitamin shop in NY but they don't have any. Where can I get the Stay-in Sherrylove, i would prefer to not order online

[/ QUOTE ]

I get it from any VitaminShoppe store in NYC..The one on 72 St and Broadway usually has a good supply.....

NYCITY, you're right. I assumed the Giovanni Direct Stay in and Leave in were the same thing. I just did some research on the net and saw a picture of the Direct Stay In and that's not what I tried. I tried the Leave In. Wrong stuff
blush.gif
. I'm going to have to find some of the Direct Stay In and try it. I hope that works better than the leave in.

HEY NYCITY,

I KNOW YOU WOULD LIKE TO FIND GIOVANNI PRODUCTS IN A STORE OPPOSED TO ORDERING ON LINE.
think.gif
HEALTH FOOD STORES, OTHER THAN THE VITAMIN SHOPPE CARRY THIS LINE OF PRODUCTS. MANY INDEPENDENT HEALTH FOOD STORES HAVE ALMOST THE ENTIRE LINE OF HAIR CARE LINES IN STOCK! IF THERE ARE ANY IN YOUR AREA, YOU SHOULD CHECK 'EM OUT.

I recently purchased the LEAVE-In and mixed it with aloe vera gel. It didn't make my hair hard or dry but it didn't detangle my wet hair as well as my other products do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the reason it's not in some VitaminShoppes is because Giovanni is phasing that product out. I don't see it on Giovanni's webpage.

Back