ghd Styler Ceramic Flat Iron

I want to know too. I've heard they're supposed to be really good, but I just won't spend the money to find out.

I'm considering this iron for a trip to Brazil, because of the universal voltage. I didn't want to sacrifice my hair health and this iron looks good.

My only concern is there is no adjustable heat setting. That is one of the most important features on any flat or curling iron. You want to know what the temperature is and you want to be able to decide what works best for your hair.

Any experience with this brand out there?

My hair dresser uses this flat iron and my hair looks great after she uses it
That is the only time I have seen a ghd iron; when I am in the salon

Looking for comments also...the flat iron adjusts the temperature according to the thickness of the hair. I tried it once at a salon and liked it. Trying to decide between FHI or GHD. A great style from a great Flat Iron is priceless!

I'm considering this iron for a trip to Brazil, because of the universal voltage. I didn't want to sacrifice my hair health and this iron looks good.

My only concern is there is no adjustable heat setting. That is one of the most important features on any flat or curling iron. You want to know what the temperature is and you want to be able to decide what works best for your hair.

Any experience with this brand out there?

I ended up buying this flat iron. (I even used it more often than I should have during my trip. :look:)

But it has been good and gentle on my hair. One pass gets it straight. And I like the versatility: I can wear it straight or curly or wavy.

Just make sure to use the proper products to protect your hair from the heat.

The last time I went to a salon, she used the GHD on my hair...it was so limp and lifeless the next day. It was too straight for me but it definitely works! :yep:

I live in the UK as well and the GHD is the number one flatiron of choice among a lot of hairdressers. All the hairdressers I've been to use it and I like the way my hair comes out. No 2 and 3 passes over the hair. It gets it straight (just use a heat protectant of choice). My hair's always looked good when it's been used on me. I'm thinking of getting one myself, but it is expensive.

As mentioned, over here GHD's are the straighteners to have.

I've got a pair but bought them ages ago before the model with temp control. They get v. hot and do a great job....I'm natural. I use heat protectants and my curls pop back fine once washed - however, I'd much prefer the temp control ones but dont have another £80-90 to shell out.

honestly ladies ghds are in my opinion the best! I also have a pair of remingtons :nono: and a fhi. Neither one can compare to a ghd ( didn't mean for that to rhyme lol). They are expensive but get the job done in a fractiion of the time! One swipe (two on my resiliant coarse patches) does it. Now, as we know, direct heat isn't really good for ones hair and because the ghds do get VERY hot i would not advise using them frequently.

I was looking at the GHD as well or the FHI Platform; but both got mixed reviews as far as longevity is concerned. I don't use flat irons often but I don't want one that will be dead in 2 years or less..and for the reading I did online..@ 200-300 I need for a "FLAT IRON" to give me a few more years...like 5 or 7.

I have had my oldest Sedu since 05 and it is still going strong so I think I will stick with it for now.

ghd is the best flatiron ever! its totally worth the money! it gets my hair totally straight with one pass, makes it sleek, shiny, and flowy, and even when i went out in the fog and light mist, my hair stayed straight and didn't puff up or anything! i'm getting a ghd next year since my chi broke.

Back