GHD – Good Hair Days

Pooks

What’s your definition of a good hair day? Is it the first time you try a new style and your DH/SO says “you look lovey today”, and starts playing in your hair? Is it when you walk into your office and the haters get a twitch in their weave-check fingers to accompany their jealous glances? Is it just finishing a DC feeling good that you’re nourishing your healthy hair onto higher heights and greater lengths? Figuring out how to have day 3 or 4 hair you can be proud of?

Last night I DC’d with AO WC, sealing with my shea butter mix and then bantu knotted my tiny plaits (no hair added) last night to give me a super moisturised curly high pony today – I’m having a good hair day. How about you?

If you are just starting your HHJ, don’t feel excluded, this is the place to post what your GHD will look and feel like – is there a particular style you want to rock? Paint the picture here.

Good hair days always start with: love for self, your hair in whatever state it is, and a good attitude towards others. Let’s spread some GHD love around here… Time to let the positive vibes flow ladies.

:drunk:

My definition of a good hair day is that my hair does what I want that day, and *stays* that way.
I can always tell it's a good hair day by the compliments i get on my hair, and the way i feel about it... Like when I look into the mirror and I smile, instead of just standing there trying to adjust it this way and that way to no avail...

My definition of a good hair day is that my hair does what I want that day, and *stays* that way.
I can always tell it's a good hair day by the compliments i get on my hair, and the way i feel about it... Like when I look into the mirror and I smile, instead of just standing there trying to adjust it this way and that way to no avail...

Cosigning - I think that's why I enjoy PSing so much - in plaits my hair is much more...hmmm... agreeable, shall we say! :lachen:

My Good Hair Days are always after a good wash, deep condition, and rollerset. I wish my hair was like that always!! By day 3 or 4, I'd have to start the process over to get results like that.

A good hair day for me is compliments, compliments, compliments! I know my hair is lookin' good if people can't stop reminding me :)

Oh, another indication my hair is shining is the half-hating look I get from other BW as if to say 'why can't I get my hair to do that?!' I love complimenting other BBW on their beautiful creative styles.

A good hair day for me is when I get asked if all my hair is MINE. In otherwords, is that a wig? I was offended at first but learned it's a compliment that my hair looked full. My hair is not considered long but the way that I wear it can look a little wiggy. You know, where you kinda cover up your parts to look fuller.

I haven't heard that in a while but I recognize the same stares of other woman glaring into your hair to detect some real scalp :grin: But that always did make me feel good when I heard it.

Exactly.:yep:

A good hair day for me is when I can wash my hair without handfuls of hair coming out at the root.

At one point, before I joined LHCF, I was on medication (steroids and other stuff) for lupus that literally had my hair falling out. First, I thought it was regular shedding but for a time I was actually shedding clumps of hair. Like, I would get out of the shower and have a bald spot.

Even now I get a low level grade of anxiety when I have to wash my hair even though that was a couple years ago. My hair may be short but I'm always happy that I have hair on my head and there are no bald spots anymore.

Same here! I agree completely.

Back