Getting together a list.......need suggestions

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Yo!! I just hit the jackpot!! SO asked what I wanted for X-mas and of course he knows about the Pibbs. I've been buzzing in his ear about it so long, I guess he decided to give up. So he told me that if I agreed to stop spending so much money on hair care stuff throughout the year, he would get me a gift card to go shopping on $300 worth of hair care products, plus the Pibbs!!! He's such as sweetheart, although I have a good idea of why he's being so nice, but that's another story.....:grin::grin:Me of course, starts jotting down my list of products I want, but just don't want to spend the money on right now. Now, I have a definite list of things I want to try, but there are some that I need help with. I want to try some products from the Nexxus line and the Aveda line, but don't know where to start. So to all of my Nexxus and Aveda gurus, I need your help!! What are some good products to try from both lines and what are your recommendations?

You probably want to try the headress leave in since u r still on the search for one. Therappe was a little drying for me. I liked humectress. I like the emergencee. And a lot of ppl like keraphix but I havent tried it.

Your honey is a sweetheart! Mine is too....that is a great idea...he cant remember everything I say I want (we were in sephora last night) so maybe Ill just ask for a giftcard! :) I did talk him into getting this gorgeous peacoat I fell in love with in Ann Taylor loft last night because we are going to TN for thanksgiving and I dont have a coat. I LOVE that coat! The picture doesnt do it justice lol.(http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalo...gory=Black&defaultSizeTypeFromCategory=Misses)
:rolleyes:..........................OH yeah, we are supposed to be talking about hair, huh? :grin: Cant help u with Aveda....I just find it hard to believe that it is worth the price! I go thru a lot of product. At least u can exchange it if you dont like it though.

You probably want to try the headress leave in since u r still on the search for one. Therappe was a little drying for me. I liked humectress. I like the emergencee. And a lot of ppl like keraphix but I havent tried it.

Your honey is a sweetheart! Mine is too....that is a great idea...he cant remember everything I say I want (we were in sephora last night) so maybe Ill just ask for a giftcard! :) I did talk him into getting this gorgeous peacoat I fell in love with in Ann Taylor loft last night because we are going to TN for thanksgiving and I dont have a coat. I LOVE that coat! The picture doesnt do it justice lol.(http://www.anntaylorloft.com/catalo...gory=Black&defaultSizeTypeFromCategory=Misses)
:rolleyes:..........................OH yeah, we are supposed to be talking about hair, huh? :grin: Cant help u with Aveda....I just find it hard to believe that it is worth the price! I go thru a lot of product. At least u can exchange it if you dont like it though.
Yeah, when he told me that, I jumped on him and almost knocked him off the bed!! He was getting ready for work and told me we'd talk about it later. Thanks for the suggestions!~!

Nexxus Original line try the Therappe shampoo and Humectress Con, Phyto Organics the Theratin and Humectin! This line is super moisturizing! Love it. I also use the Headdress leave in, although I saw someone mention the Luxtress yesterday on the board. I haven't tried that one yet. Aveda I use the DR trio(The Shampoo, Conditioner, and Treatment) I only use it once a month though as it is a strengthening treatment, but the stuff is great. I am not too impressed by the Brilliant condish I bought some in the Exchange forum, compared to Humectress its a little thin to me. I love the Brilliant Shine Serum, by Aveda as well. The Aveda is a little more pricey, but it lasts a long time, so it probably averages out the same as other products as well.

Good luck and happy shopping!

Nexxus Original line try the Therappe shampoo and Humectress Con, Phyto Organics the Theratin and Humectin! This line is super moisturizing! Love it. I also use the Headdress leave in, although I saw someone mention the Luxtress yesterday on the board. I haven't tried that one yet. Aveda I use the DR trio(The Shampoo, Conditioner, and Treatment) I only use it once a month though as it is a strengthening treatment, but the stuff is great. I am not too impressed by the Brilliant condish I bought some in the Exchange forum, compared to Humectress its a little thin to me. I love the Brilliant Shine Serum, by Aveda as well. The Aveda is a little more pricey, but it lasts a long time, so it probably averages out the same as other products as well.

Good luck and happy shopping!

Thanks a lot!! I definitely will be checking into those.

Dlewis, my fotki is up. The pw is in my profile. It's not much, but I figured it will do for now. I'll be taking more pictures soon to add.

From the originals line Humectress and Keraphix (my hair likes protein) are great!

From the Phyto line the Humectin and Enphuse (again my hair likes protein) are great- I really like Enphuse!

Therapee poo was too drying on my hair and left it totally tangled (and I rarely tangle).

I also use Ensure or Color Assure as final rinses since they have a low pH and they work great for me.

Thanks J!! I was eye-ing the Humectress and thought I'd give it a try. I think I've made up my mind about the Nexxus line. Now if I can only figure out what I want from the Aveda line. Thanks for the suggestions ladies!!

MissC,
I don't have any suggestions to add since I have never used anything from either line, but I just want to say that your SO is soooooo thoughtful and want to know if he has any brothers that think like that?????(You know I AM in GA too!!:grin:)

But on the real, hopefully some of the ladies can get in here and give you some really good suggestions!

BB

You really did hit the jackpot! :yay:

From nexxus I like the therapee shampoo, keraphix and emergencee. I also have been using the heat protecting spray lately when I rollerset.

From Aveda.....I am not a die hard aveda person like some people here, not because I couldn't be but I have just had so much stuff on my to try list. I plan on getting more aveda stuff for myself for christmas.

I did try a couple of things though. I like the brillant conditioner, it is very moisturizing. I also really like the damage remedy shampoo. My hair got addicted to this stuff. You only have to use a small amount and it made my hair feel soft yet strong. I tried the conditioner and it was okay. It was really good after a relaxer though. I might repurchase it. The brillant styling cream is many peoples staple moisturizer. You only need a small dab but it is expensive too. I also like aveda pomades as do many other people here. I like the anti-humectant for my edges to smooth them down. I also liked the shine spray from the brillant line.

I am actually about to do an all Aveda thing tonight. I love the Damage Remedy line. It is excellent and really improves the condition of my hair. As for the Brilliant line, I am loving the Conditioner and the Damage Control spray. The Brilliant con is very moisturizing. I recently started using the Sap Moss Nourishing concentrate and love that, too. I am going to try the Sap Moss Conditioning Detangler tonight for the first time. :crossfingers:

You really did hit the jackpot! :yay:

From nexxus I like the therapee shampoo, keraphix and emergencee. I also have been using the heat protecting spray lately when I rollerset.

From Aveda.....I am not a die hard aveda person like some people here, not because I couldn't be but I have just had so much stuff on my to try list. I plan on getting more aveda stuff for myself for christmas.

I did try a couple of things though. I like the brillant conditioner, it is very moisturizing. I also really like the damage remedy shampoo. My hair got addicted to this stuff. You only have to use a small amount and it made my hair feel soft yet strong. I tried the conditioner and it was okay. It was really good after a relaxer though. I might repurchase it. The brillant styling cream is many peoples staple moisturizer. You only need a small dab but it is expensive too. I also like aveda pomades as do many other people here. I like the anti-humectant for my edges to smooth them down. I also liked the shine spray from the brillant line.

Yes, I found out he was being serious after laughing at me when he saw the look on my face:grin:, so I've gotten together my list of products to try and I've also told him where to get the Pibbs from. The only thing is that I want it now and he told me that I'd have to wait. So, I'm patiently waiting (all while soooooooo excited). I think I'm going to try some of the Humectress and some of the Phyto Organics from Nexxus. I have the Emergencee already. And from the Aveda line, I'm going to try the DR line. Whatever I have left I will just order some more things on my to-try list. I can't wait, it's like a dream:grin:

MissC,
I don't have any suggestions to add since I have never used anything from either line, but I just want to say that your SO is soooooo thoughtful and want to know if he has any brothers that think like that?????(You know I AM in GA too!!:grin:)

But on the real, hopefully some of the ladies can get in here and give you some really good suggestions!

BB

Girl yes, he has a brother (I saw your hidden message in white:lachen:) but unfortunately, he's already married. He's such a sweetheart, I'm going to have to put a little something extra in his stocking this year:grin:

Back